Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use my iPad for EVERYTHING. It's my GPS, my XM radio, email, browser... I'm attached. One of my complaints about my little Insight is that there is no good place to put a GPS. (I don't do windows!)

Imagine my happiness when I discovered that the iPad will fit securely with no modifications to the car. Today's trip to work was far more pleasant. I'm interested to hear what others do for GPS and do you hide the cord? Do you have to remove it every time you park?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
isnt that a little distracting? Because you have to take you eyes off the road and look down at it. But I guess if you only use it when stopped, then its good. But while driving, that place can be dangerous.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With a 10" screen it's pretty easy to see. Plus when I'm using GPS it has audio as well. The truth is the placement of the screen isn't any farther from the front windshield than the radio/GPS on my Lincoln Navigator.

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts
Doesn't that make it hard to get to your coffee? :)

Sam

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
I like the way you guys are worrying about Southern Dad looking down at his iPad when he has clearly taken a photo whilst driving at 64mph on a freeway! ;-)

To be fair, I have my Sat Nav attached down there - albeit a bit lower on UK & Japanese Insights which have a cubby hole / double DIN respectively. It is fine to glance at, although third gear and fifth gear can get in the way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts