Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was rear ended a while back, and just got my car back from the body shop after 6 weeks.

It isn't quite how I remembered it (but it has been a long time since I last saw it...). I was hoping someone might provide a few similar (closeup), representative photos of an undamaged Insight so I could go back to the adjuster and make my argument, if I do indeed have an argument.

The rear part of the frame was badly bent, and they did address that. I don't think they touched the top half of the car though. The back hatch sticks when you try to open it, and they did a poor job replacing the taillights, as is indicated by the gaps around them (3mm+ in places), when I know they were tight before.

Is the gap around the rear hatch really this large? I don't remember it being so big before. It is wide enough I can clearly see the hatch struts through the top gap when the hatch is completely closed. It doesn't look horrible, it is just the most outward sign that something isn't quite right with the frame.

Does the rear most part of the rear doors stick out 2mm more than the rear body panel? Mine do.

What does the inside of your taillight look like when the hatch is open? There is black plastic on the ones I have, but it looks really poorly integrated into the surrounding frame. I don't recall it looking like that before the accident - especially where the rear bumper is affixed to the frame (upper part), it is at an angle compared to the black plastic of the taillights.

Here is a link to the album: insight "repair" - Album on Imgur

Any photos you guys can share would be a great help. Thank you! And if I'm just imagining all this, feel free to let me know that too.

·
Premium Member
9,977 Posts
Sorry to hear that. My car has been in a few accidents too, so it maybe not the best model for photos. Looking at your photos everything with the hatch looks right. The driver side tail light and rear sail look a bit off. The passenger side one looked ok.

Looks like the passenger side door striker could be adjusted to level that up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts