Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an interesting idea.. https://pi-hole.net/

Makes the internet a lot smoother and faster. I've just added one to my network.

Bit of a learning curve if you are new to Linux and Arduino but doable..

Useful because Google are likely to break certain Chrome features soon. ;)

·
Registered
612 Posts
This is an interesting idea.. https://pi-hole.net/

Makes the internet a lot smoother and faster. I've just added one to my network.

Bit of a learning curve if you are new to Linux and Arduino but doable..

Useful because Google are likely to break certain Chrome features soon. ;)
Hey Peter,

Since this is the off-topic area, I'll take it more off-topic.

If you are planning to go to Ohio, what would you think about requesting a place for us electronics heads to geek out together? Such as a table or two where we can set up our laptops and write code, do some soldering, give each other tips, and maybe get started on new projects.

For example, I've got some Arduinos and code I've used for my EGR tester and a compression tester. I'm putting a Pi into a Honda cassette radio so I can have Internet radio and maybe voice commands. I would love to get some help from @Mario, if he is coming, on getting my CAN bus network going (connecting multiple projects). I'd like to pick your brain on what you know about code running in our ECUs.

We could also assist others who want to get started, perhaps with a simple project they can make.

Maybe @mudder and @Natalya would be interested.

Thoughts?

·
Administrator
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'll be there for the duration and am happy to help where i can.

A seperate thread for this seems appropriate.. ;)

I know less than nothing about arduino and followed an idiots guide to setup the pi-hole.

I probably know less than you think about code in the insight ECU's.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Thanks for @-ing me, I wouldn't have seen this otherwise!

Agreed on making a separate thread. :)

I will not be attending InsightFest, but I'd be happy to help remotely if it's useful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts