Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on the market for a used insight. I'm debating between an insight with 33k miles or 73k. They are both 2002's and a $2000 difference, and have 100k warrenties. I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to cars and having problems with them. At what mileage could i expect to start putting money into my car; i'm just debating if the extra cost is worth it, the sales guy stressed that 70k is not high for a honda, but then again he works for honda.

Or if anyone knows if there are tax deductables set in stone yet, that info would be great, maybe that could justify a new insight :)

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
The mileage difference and the _remaining_ warranty is where the biggest difference is. You may misunderstand that you'll have 100K beyond the current mileage. AFAIK no such warranty is available. And in any case make _SURE_ it's Honda Care else read the fine print _very carefully_.

Also see:

What to look for when buying used?
http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... php?t=3814

and its sub links.

HTH! :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
i'd take the 33k one.

the battery should be covered under the 80,000 mile waranty. i believe that you can extend that to 100,000 with hondacare... so if you buy the higher mileage insight the only way you'll get a decent waranty on the battery is if you purchace honda care to bump it up to 100,000. if i recall correctly hondacare is about $1,000... which is most of a new battery anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts