Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
That white looks great on the Insight, especially with the rear wheels visible. It looks sportier for sure. Acustom made front and rear (both are plastic that snap in) would really change the look as well.

Did you trim the factory wheel skirts?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Your Insight looks amazing!
In fact it almost doesn't look like an Insight anymore.
Everyone will wonder if it's a prototype 2007 CRX or something.

I can't believe you live in the Toronto area, you know people that I know (from lapping) and we haven't met yet!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

Guillermo said:
Your Insight looks amazing!
In fact it almost doesn't look like an Insight anymore.
Everyone will wonder if it's a prototype 2007 CRX or something.

I can't believe you live in the Toronto area, you know people that I know (from lapping) and we haven't met yet!
Yes, that's kinda the idea I had in mind. I'm removing the Insight sticker on the back and having a CRX sticker put onto the middle glass panel like the CRXs have. Maybe once I have the sticker up and such, I should fool around posting up some shots of the 'CRX' and see if ppl believe it.. LOL!

We really do have to meet sometime!
:D

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Normally I wouldn't like that, but in this case that was tastefully done! Now, I do know they make white Insight's for Japan, you might be able to obtain a white backgrounded "H" logo for the hood.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Your Insight looks really great. I'd always hoped Honda would produce a white model for the US. Does the rear wheel treatment cost you much in mileage?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had a guy who's good with body work to do my modifcations.
I think it may have hurt fuel economy a bit, but it might also be from my messing with the intake system.

I also finally have my VOLK TE-37 F1 Cups in gold on there now, 15" at only 8 lbs flat each. Rubber is 205/50/15 Yokohama A008RSIIs R-comps.

Pics here:

http://www.dscr.net/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=34&t=005737

Car corners very well, steering is significanly heavier, but much more accurate. Increased effort matched with greater feel and placement. Overall grip is worlds and worlds better, but then you have to expect that with Rs.

Still a bit of float and body roll, but car seems to track well. I am debating taking it to an upcoming track (road course) event, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
237 Posts
The Volks look awesome! I love to read some of the post from other Insight owners regarding the mods you have done. They just don't get it. Doing mods like you have done just don't make sense to some people. Keep up the great work.

I would love to do the wheel skirt mod, but it would put me into another class for Autoxing. Maybe I could buy another set and do the mod to them for the street.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks commuter.

It's good to see the positive repsonses guys; thanks again.
I was afraid I might be chastised for commiting Insight sacrilige, but I just followed my gut with what I wanted and what I thought would look better/right. I know I've been trading off some of the ultimate goals of the Insight a bit, but I think the positives outweigh the negatives, and the final product is much more desirable to me.

The VOLKS are damned light. I could toss them around without hardly any effort at all! (of course the tires add to the weight) They are monoblock forged and should be plenty strong for hard driving and especially track duty. Another good benefit I noticed is that the VOLKS are a very thick rim for 15"s and they fill out the well nicely, especially out back, where, because of the teardrop shape goal, Honda had set the rear wheels very far in (which looked awkward in the new rear wells)

My goal is much like Guillermo's. To push the Insight and show that it can compete in its own way. I'd like to finish off a few more handling and power mods, and then I can hopefully have the lil' Insight lay some smack on the 'regular' track cars at a few events.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The car looks terrific in white, much better than I would have thought. Can't say I like the skirt cutouts, though, and I think you would have been better off leaving the rear spoiler black. But to each his own.... 8) Your experimentation is inspiring in any case!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts