Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
where's the turbo!

Come on, other than the odd front wheels and some artwork on the side, it looks just like my Insight!

Show us the turbo!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hmmm... I'd rather like to see photos of the engine compartment.

Sorry to say but the outside of your "Outsight" isn't very impressive. I hope you aren't done yet... this is a work in progress photo right?

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
:?: :?: :?:

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,960 Posts
Looks like the front wheels have been spray painted black? What does the decal on the door indicate? How about a 3/4 rear picture?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Outsight said:
As promised, the picture of my Outsight w/ its mods.
I have been thinking about getting my wheels chemically stripped and painted, only I was going to go with white. Some hack at the dealership used bare aluminum cleaner on the wheel, not noticing that the wheel is painted, not bare.

Another Option I have thought of was getting the wheels polished - that'd be cool.

Show us some pics of the work that you have done, I am interested to see whats up, but that picture sure was a let down... I hope to see some underhood shots, and maybe a shot of the stereo. Did Infinity sponsor the car, or are you just really happy with their products?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Why so mean to Outsight?

MOD NOTE: Refers to a post that has been removed.

Why so mean to Outsight? :roll:

I know nothing about 'improving' a car; he appears proud of what he has done. Maybe future pictures will show more.

·
Registered
453 Posts
you replaced the lightweight stock muffler with a heavy muffler??? BTW the stock muffler weighs less than 8lbs.

Can you give numbers on "huge boost in power and mileage"?

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,960 Posts
muffler theory

Just weighed the standard (last) muffler that I had removed from my vehicle when I installed the turbocharger. Weight is 11 pounds.
The resonator has almost "NO" backpressure as it is designed like a tuneing fork to "tune the sound waves to a reasonable frequency." The muffler, in conjunction with the resonator is designed as a "scavenger" on the exhaust gases to minimize the back pressure. This is also done in conjunction with the "cam" of the engine. The duration of the valves opening, timeing, and overlap of the valves are also taken into consideration, especially on the "exhaust" side. A 2 inch exhaust system on the one liter size engine is too large to aid in scavageing the exhaust gases. (My theory). Did you run the exhaust pipe out the original outlet opening on the valice? What happened to the Denver deal?.....How about a picture of the system?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
How about a picture of the system?
That's why people are probably annoyed with this thread. Someone promised the world, and showed us an Insight with ugly wheels. :) Pictures of the turbo system and other "mods" would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts