Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fixing up a 2000 Insight. When I bought it, it had none of the pieces that go under the front bumper and under the engine. I believe I now have all the major pieces and I'm just missing some of the hardware and maybe a bracket or two.

Does anyone have a good, clear picture of the front underside of an Insight that has all the pieces installed correctly. I can't find a good picture.

I would greatly appreciate it!

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
Found something on Insightman's site here:

Go to his front view,

Viewing from front underside, looking toward rear, along right side of car.

- Shiny aluminum at top of pic is single front panel.
- Behind that on right (black plastic) is right "engine cover" panel.
- To left is left "engine cover" panel.
- Further back on each side (black plastic) are the long side panels.

Parts 9, 12 & 17 here are the front panels. 12 & 17 connect to 9 in the front and 11 & 16 (side covers) on each side, and 10 (aluminum 'beam') on their rear.

KLR3CYL (Scott) makes a panel (aluminum belly panel) that replaces the front three. Now and then he produces a batch.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! That definitely clears up a couple things for me. But, those pics don't show how the large aluminum piece fits to the front bumper. There should be two small brackets that the aluminum piece hangs on but I don't see those in the pic on the parts site. I also don't have part #6 in that pic and I'm not sure how it fits in.

·
Super Moderator
1,768 Posts
Part # 6 is plastic and attached to the lower front edge of the radiator support. It is plastic and you can't see it well with the bumper on the car. The other brackets are attached by 2 screws each. The aluminum panel attaches to the other brackets with the large Honda type clips with the push pin.
HTH,
Scott

In the attached photo #6 is visible toward the front of the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks KLR3CYL, those are the brackets I was referring to. I'm not seeing those in the illustration on the parts site. Are they not available?

As for the plastic piece (#6), is that a necessary part for attaching all the underside pieces? What is its purpose?

·
Super Moderator
1,768 Posts
The brackets are listed under Bumpers.

71102-S3Y-000 003 002 BRACKET, FR. BUMPER (LOWER) 8.98 6.20 Qty:

HTH,
Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts