Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm notorious for scratching mine up, so I was wondering if there was a good place that carries them. Also, is there a difference with 2006 and previous year models?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Cattygurl, if you are talking about the four beautiful very special very expensive Insight wheels, they do not have wheel covers (center insert only) and you must be VERY careful not to hit a curb with them. :shock: You may easily do more damage than just scratching them. :( May I suggest you practice practice practice with foam blocks or rubber pylons until you know exactly where your wheels reside. You've just bought a little jewel and need to treat it with respect. AKAIK Insight wheels are the same for all years. JoeS.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^ Sniff, I know they're expensive.

I aready have some scratches after running over concrete clumps that the guy in front of me dropped from the back of his pickup :( I avoided the big clump on time, but not the little one. ARRRGH!

I am really bad at parallell parking. When I used to go to LA frequently, it was murder on my rims... I'm hoping to improve, but in the meanwhile, I'm looking to buy extra. Sigh.

·
Registered
340 Posts
If you are looking for the plastic center part of the wheel, ebay has one for $9.50.
Good Luck,
robert

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
If you tilt the passenger side mirror downward electrically you can see how far you are from the curb. :idea:

Other cars I've owned had tires that exceeded the rim width so the sidewalls acted as bumpers. :shock: Not so with the Insight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts