Honda Insight Forum banner

PLEASE HELP!! I cannot find tire rods for my 2000 MT

Tags
tire rods
2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  KLR3CYL 
#1 ·
Good Afternoon All,

I have a 2000 MT with about 240K on it my wife wants to kill me for trying to keep in running condition. Both kids have driven it, one has wrecked it, and now that kids have moved on to other cars but unfortunately not out, instead of sending it to the wrecking yard like she wants me to I am trying to make it driveable again. I did alot of work on it...thanks Scott for the underbelly....but it still did not drive right so I took it to the little Honda dealer in the small town where I work who have always been unusually straight with me. Anyway they have told me the reason it won't drive straight is that the left side tire rods are bent up. Parts number 53606-S3Y-023 & 53541-S3Y-023 and they can't locate replacements. I have found the shorter one on Rock Auto but cannot find the one that begins with 53606 anywhere. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Randall, Lazarius' Owner

#3 ·
I’m pretty sure I have those items.

Scott

Reactions: Vivila
#6 ·
Just to confirm, you want a complete left tie rod assembly and a right outer tie rod end?

I’m sending you a conversation.

Scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.