Honda Insight Forum banner

61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
Same thing can happen when trying to fas with MIMA. I've gotten in the habit of looking for the low oil pressure indication in my periphery vision to be sure the engine has shut down. Takes a couple more seconds, but works every time.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Same thing can happen when trying to fas with MIMA. I've gotten in the habit of looking for the low oil pressure indication in my periphery vision to be sure the engine has shut down. Takes a couple more seconds, but works every time.
Yeah, I call the oil pressure warning lamp my FAS indicator :).

·
Super Moderator
6,719 Posts
Same thing can happen when trying to fas with MIMA.
Actually, MIMA FAS is a misnomer that has been spread around. FAS with MIMA was strictly an option and it is exactly same FAS circuit as the Dabrowski hardwired version, and the new P&P now being sold. If you tear apart your footwell, you will see the little FAS board sitting to the side, with the wires connected to one of the P&P plugs:)

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
Actually, MIMA FAS is a misnomer that has been spread around. FAS with MIMA was strictly an option and it is exactly same FAS circuit as the Dabrowski hardwired version, and the new P&P now being sold. If you tear apart your footwell, you will see the little FAS board sitting to the side, with the wires connected to one of the P&P plugs:)
Goes to show even an old dog can learn new stuff from an older dog ;)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Not sure if you are the one trying to plug it into the ECMs identical plug slot, but that's what I did. Darkfish had that problem with someone else, and quickly helped me solve it! I was in the battery compartment making things hard on myself!
glad to see im not the only nut on this forum that hooked it up in the wrong spot, of course the connectors were identical so i thought something was crazy wrong hahahaha thats funny that happened to you too i hooked mine into MCM

·
Registered
250 Posts
Thanks for the feedback Scott! Glad to hear its working well for you. That is a neat place to mount the button, I hadn't thought of putting it there!

-Steve
Scott came over for a visit last weekend and Installed mine for me. He placed the button in the same spot as he did for himself, it's a perfect place, very easy to use.

I've already seen how useful this will be, specially in lower gears when your mileage is the worst. I think that's where I'll find some of my biggest gains in mpg's.

My best tank is exactly 800 miles at 83.1 mpg's without FAS going to the gym 3 days a week. It's 40 miles round trip and certainly not a perfect commute like some others have. There was only two to three places I would turn off the car to coast. I'll be able to add 3 or 4 shorter runs with this mod.

I just started my first tank with it, I think I can come close to 900 miles now, but it will take me a couple of month's to do it. I'll keep you posted.

Great product Steve and company and a big thanks to Scott. I just don't feel comfortable doing some things on these cars until I've seen it done once.

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
Scott came over for a visit last weekend and Installed mine for me. He placed the button in the same spot as he did for himself, it's a perfect place, very easy to use.

Got a photo of the button location ?

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Yeah, in my experience the quit time can vary a bit. You have to give the tach a quick check before releasing button - situation normal to all users. As you say, not a big deal. We are lucky to have such a great accessory.

Given Mike's pension to refine things, he could probably have added a 5 second latch on the relay, but competion from other projects intervened;)
I thought about this too. The only problem I can see, playing devil's advocate is if someone hit the FAS button, and then needed to restart the engine all of sudden, for an emergency or something before the 5 seconds was up.

-Steve

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
glad to see im not the only nut on this forum that hooked it up in the wrong spot, of course the connectors were identical so i thought something was crazy wrong hahahaha thats funny that happened to you too i hooked mine into MCM
I apologize for this. Being the person familiar with the system, it's sometimes hard to put yourself in the shoes of someone who is not when writing instructions. I have modified the instructions that I include with the board to help prevent this extra work in the future =)

-Steve

·
Registered
36 Posts
Any PNP FAS units still available?

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Just had to say this is a great product. My mileage went through the roof using this mod.
Glad to hear it! Happy we were able to get some of these out to people.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #77

·
Registered
36 Posts
Over the past few days I've been doing the research and your PNP FAS looks like the best way to go. Look forward to moving my LMPG from 72.0 to the moon! Thanks Steve and can't wait to post my results!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just so I understand, would it be possible to use a FAS or create one that would function for a CVT? I get the general idea that autostop does not cause the CVT to go into neutral, so it could potentially damage the transmission. It is also possible the the safeguards will just cause an immediate restart. Has anyone looked into it or actually installed a FAS on a CVT?
Thanks,
Gordon

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Hello!

I apologize for the absence, I have been working overseas. I am home now and have a few more of these ready to go if anyone needs one. Please email me at [email protected] and I will get you set up!

-Steve

61 - 80 of 101 Posts
About this Discussion
100 Replies
31 Participants
B0B
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing