Honda Insight Forum banner

81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Few of these available again

Hi guys! I have a little bit of time before I leave for my job again. I will be building a batch of these for anyone that wants one. Please let me know as soon as possible so I can get an idea of how big of a batch I need to do.

Thanks!

-Steve

·
Registered
41 Posts
DC/DC enable wire connection

Steve, have you done a video of the install, especially the DC/DC enable wire connection?
I'm not sure of that connection from the links I've seen.
Perhaps you could explain it a bit better.
Sorry I'm a novice with electronics.
Thanks for any and all help.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Steve, have you done a video of the install, especially the DC/DC enable wire connection?
I'm not sure of that connection from the links I've seen.
Perhaps you could explain it a bit better.
Sorry I'm a novice with electronics.
Thanks for any and all help.
WD40, I do not have a install video yet, as most of the install is so simple it hasn't really been requested yet, but I can try and add that to my list of things to accomplish. Hooking up the DC/DC enable wire is only required if you are going to be doing long engine off coasts where your headlights or other 12V items may draw down your 12V battery. Hooking it up is extremly simple, but requires opening the IPU (HV battery compartment) to complete. I include snap on wire taps to complete this if you dont know how to solder. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

-Steve

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just ordered one
Thanks

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Count me in on that! Money in hand, ready to order.
Just send me an email and we will get you all fixed up!

-Steve

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
NoD, Sorry about the delay. I had to travel out of town. I am back now and will be putting these together this weekend. I sent you an email with instructions.

-Steve

·
Registered
189 Posts
I am wondering if simply changing the maximum speed value in the Insight's appropriate computer code associated with AutoStop would be all that is required to activate it at higher speeds? Basically changing a value in code would cause the auto stop to engage at higher speeds?

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
I am wondering if simply changing the maximum speed value in the Insight's appropriate computer code associated with AutoStop would be all that is required to activate it at higher speeds? Basically changing a value in code would cause the auto stop to engage at higher speeds?
This would be the ideal solution. Unfortunately the Insight ECU has never been figured out to that level. We are forced to work in the confines of not being able to change the programming in the ECU.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Got mine in the mail today, surprised at how fast it got to Canada, last package took over 30 days.
Installed in minutes works like a charm.
Thanks a bunch Steve
Now off to save some more gas.
Sorry but could someone please post a picture of the exact location and wire that I am supposed to cut to get the dc/dc connected.
I have looked at all the links and they all just say to cut the wire but do not say what or where the wire is, other then in the back.
Thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Hi guys,

I am overseas again for my job for the next 5 months or so. I was able to build 3 extras after filling orders so get one before they are gone!

-Steve

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Wondering if one of those three are still available?
Sorry! I missed this, I do still have a few of these available ready to ship. Please send me a PM if interested.

Thanks,

-Steve

·
Registered
36 Posts
I finally got around to installing the 12 volt DC/DC cables over at insightfest 2017. The reference photos have moved and it took the help of muddler and a few others to locate the wire. I'm putting Mima in the car now so I thought I would post some pictures of where to splice the cables to enable the 12vt DC/DC converter during FAS.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Your PNP FAS system is a great way to get even better fuel efficacy in the insight. I regularly able to coast for couple good 1-2 mile stretches of madisons beltline highway. I was able to fas for over 7 miles on my way to pick up a citrus with Jacqueline.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Is the cable to the DC/DC converter necessary?
I've installed this FAS unit 2 years ago and it still works fine. It didn't install the DC/DC option back then due to the high amount of labor involved but now did. Without the DC/DC the voltage drops from 13.5 volt to 11-11.5. The headlights get darker during night and the 12V battery is drained. I had to replace it earlier than expected. This were the reasons I want the DC/DC converter still operating during FAS.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thank you for posting the two photos. I am still having a hard time figuring out where to splice for 12V DC/DC to be enabled. Can someone edit the photos with a couple of arrows or just explain the color coding of the wires? Thanks! I have a Darkfish FAS that I installed today, but I can't figure out where top tap in the IMA compartment for the 12V DC/DC to keep the battery charged.

I finally got around to installing the 12 volt DC/DC cables over at insightfest 2017. The reference photos have moved and it took the help of muddler and a few others to locate the wire. I'm putting Mima in the car now so I thought I would post some pictures of where to splice the cables to enable the 12vt DC/DC converter during FAS.

81 - 100 of 101 Posts
About this Discussion
100 Replies
31 Participants
B0B
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing