Honda Insight Forum banner

361 - 375 of 375 Posts

·
Administrator
11,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #362
I don't supply OLED OBDIIC&C displays anymore or officially support them.

They can work if you build your own (but not always) display glitches etc..

Get a decent make, fully pin compatible with the HD44780 lcd standard if you want to try this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
IMAC&C has completely changed my way of driving, especially with my hilly commute and low speed parking lot driving. Since installing IMAC&C a few weeks ago, my mpgs have increased from 65mpg (before IMAC&C) to 70mpg (last fillup), and I'm currently at 75.2mpg with 500 miles driven so far on my current tank. Can't recommend it enough.
Been reading too much and doing too little :( My battery died since my last post IMAC&C will need to be placed on hold for a bit.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The 2000 Insight I just bought came with an IMAC&C installed. This was a little bit of a surprise for me as the seller didn't mention it had this until I showed up and saw the car for the first time.

This is how it sits right now. Looks like the previous owner either made this shift knob or purchased it somewhere. Seems to be specifically made for the joystick circuit board.

I've skimmed this entire thread and haven't seen a shift knob like this yet. Anyone know where this is from? I would like to install the joystick controller in there and finish it up so it looks nicer. I'm thinking just supergluing it in place would be enough to hold it and then maybe wrapping it in a black rubber band would do the trick.

·
Registered
93 Posts
To each his own! It's all a matter of preference. This is my joystick installed on an OEM shift knob. It's not pretty but it's functional, cheap, and a fast mod. The momentary microswitch is for brake light activation. I prefer the bare joystick and it's mounted on a skew to match the natural tendency of my fingers resting on the joystick.

Attachments

·
Administrator
11,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #367
I can supply a 3d printed gear stick that houses the joystick on the top.
There are pics of it about on here..

·
Administrator
11,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #369
I didn't post them as i didn't have them to hand.
I took me thirty seconds to find them on here using the search function ;)

·
Registered
489 Posts

This is where I've found I like my joystick. The blue tape was only for testing (though it held up quite well), and I'm currently using Velcro straps, but eventually I'm hoping to 3d print a pod to hold the pcb that snuggles up against the shift knob.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
For all of you that use the "old" system.
What is this? "Press to force start * for testing purposes"
Than i press the button and when i´m shutting the car off the display doesn´t shutdown...

I made a video for better understanding...

·
Administrator
11,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #372
Press to force start is an OBDIIC&C testing feature.

Normally the gauge loops and waits for a car response.
If it doesn't get one it goes too sleep or keeps looping.

Pressing jumps over this and forces the gauge to go to the main display so you can change parameters etc or fiddle with the gauge when powered on the bench and not connected to a car. .

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
I understand. But why is it coming!? I don´t want to test anything...
When i press it there is another order of the parameters. The only thing what i really miss is the 12V circuit meter and the intake air temp.

·
Administrator
11,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #374
That message often/sometimes appears when the gauge turns on as it tries to first talk with the car. It's normal.

Maybe you need to upgrade your OBDIIC&C firmware.

You can also change the displayed parameters to suit your needs and get your 12V circuit and IAT back.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
I know, it´s a beginners question, but where can i get the newest firmware?
I found a PIC programmer but i forgot how to operate it.
Is there somewhere a DIY?

361 - 375 of 375 Posts