Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know honda wants drivers to change all fluids/filters at their dealerships, but i've had difficulty finding many dealers who really have a reputable competant service dept.. and i just dont trust babysitters in general.

does anybody know if there are Fram filters that fit? Can simply buy the air + pollen filter from walmart/kragen?? if so, what are the part numbers? I'm surprised i wasn't able to come up with any answers when doing a search on this forum.

thanks a lot.

·
Registered
242 Posts
cabin filter

Fram does make a cabin filter for our cars. I actually bought one - once. It had fewer than half the pleats the Honda filter has, and cost about $20.00 bucks. They claim it's charcoal impregnated or something. I figure for the money, it's better to order a few Honda filters online rather than something aftermarket that's clearly inferior. The number of pleats indicates how much filter media is used in the filter.

If you want the Fram part #, you can probably find it online....

·
Registered
150 Posts
Here's a couple numbers

Don't know if you tried here: Cabin filter p/n 29669 for $16.36 plus shipping. Don't know if their # will cross with Honda # and I don't think I've ever seen a 'cabin filter' at any parts store. Now the intake air filter is likely available as a Fram or something. 208695 is the Majestic p/n.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/aut ... OLING+UNIT

I bought a cabin air filter off a guy on eBay at a decent cheap price, 13 bucks including the shipping. They stated this factory # 80291-ST3-E01 aftermarket replacement fit the 1997-2001 Honda CR-V and all the insights with A/C. Sorry, the box had the # end on it cut off when it arrived, so I have no clue what the aftermarket brand or # could be, but it worked fine. The seller was "toddandnaomi" and I guess they might get more sometime.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Here's another link: http://www.drivewire.com/hondaparts/cat ... ilter.html . There are two filter possibilities. One for manual tranny and A/C or auto tranny - the cheap one. One for manual tranny w/o A/C - the expen$ive one.

My dealer gave me the wrong one last time and I wasn't very pleased when I had everything off and it didn't fit :evil: . Make sure if you get it at the dealer that you explicitly state which model yours is. The parts guy gave me the wrong one even though I specifically asked if the part was the same on all models (which he though it was).

·
Registered
242 Posts
cabin filter

Just checked the Fram website: Misc. Filters CF8249 Compartment Air Filter

Like I said in my post above - I wouldn't buy another Fram, but it's available if you want it. I personally know of one parts store that carries them.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
As mentioned above Insight's with AC have the same filter as CRV's. If you remove the original filter from the car you'll notice the replacement one is different. Be careful you get a shole pleat under the edge of the filter frame otherwise it won't seal properly. You might have better luck just searching for a CRV filter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts