Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
It may be a good way to pick up a spare battery ecu wheels tires and other goodies or a block for those who want to try and give it a go fast make over

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hmmm, same color as mine, might not be a bad idea to pick it up for spare parts and the like. Its in my state, too, only 20 mins from me. Maybe I'll check it out.

Hope the driver/passenger are ok, it looks like a 35MPG head-on to me, I wonder what the reserve is.

Michael

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
I notice the highest bidder is 'Atheos'. There is a fellow Forum member called Atheos. Could it be the same person?

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Ya, it's me.
A friend and I are talking about what we can do with that car, so
im waiting to see if someone breaks the reserve threshold on the car.
I'm thinking about a stretch insight, and my friend is thinking
about some delorian doors.
either way, that poor car doesn't belong in a salvage yard, and I don't
have the guts to make any major modifications on my new insight.

I don't know what the reserve is, but I started out with a $900 bid and will probably push it somewhere over 2k, depending how many others starting bidding on the car.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Atheos - Good luck with the auction. I personally would like to see if a four seat Insight is possible. In theory, rearrange the electrics and sacrifice the boot storage?

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
If you choose to gut it

Atheos,

if you decide to slaughter the Insight, be sure to let us know about any parts you might sell. I for one would love to get my hands on another battery and any battery management components...

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Allnighte,

You haven't any idea how funny it is for me to see the words Atheos and God in the same sentence. :shock:

If I get this car, I'll need all the parts.
besides, the electric motor will probably outlive most components
on the car. I'd wager it will at least outlive the engine and transmission.

Has anyone been able to find any salvage yards with an Insight?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Atheos said:
Allnighte,

You haven't any idea how funny it is for me to see the words Atheos and God in the same sentence. :shock:

If I get this car, I'll need all the parts.
besides, the electric motor will probably outlive most components
on the car. I'd wager it will at least outlive the engine and transmission.

Has anyone been able to find any salvage yards with an Insight?
there are too many junkyards in San Diego, that and the fact that the ~10 I went to, there were no newer cars than 1991 (and even those were rare)

Well if there are any parts you really don't need, please remember the scavengers at insightcentral.net's forums! :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Man Crazy i wish i got a piece of that

I saw that on ebay and was thinking about how the spare parts would be nice. Hmm i hope you didn't pay more than a few K for it. You can get a running insight for about 15k if you look hard enough. I got mine at CarMax i was lucky it had only 2,500 miles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts