Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok sorry that I could not post this in the "Forum Help and Announcements" So I just thought I would post it here, since I got a message saying: "Sorry, but only administrators can post topics in this forum." If any Moderator do not want it here or in this section of the board then simply delete it, I could care less.

I have my Profile Settings set, so when I get a new Private Message I will get a Pop-Up Window, but unfortidently, it has never worked on this site, I have no clue as to why it will not work. I do have a Pop-Up Blocker(The only pop up blocker I use is the one that comes with XP SP2.) on my computer, and I have this site added to the allow list, and it still blockes the Pop-Up Window for new Private Messages, now this is not the only site that I have had this problem with, I have gone on other websites and I have the same problem. Does anyone know of anything I can do to get it to work?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Kill the Microsoft SP2 pop-up blocker and firewall. They are nothing but trouble.
Google's blocker works great with Explorer or I have been using Firefox 1.0 and I've had 0 problems with it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well for some unknown reason, My Computer seems to be the only computer in my house that blocks the Pop-Up Window for new Private Messages, and on every other computer in my house it seems to work just fine on. I have disabled both the Microsoft SP2 pop-up blocker and firewall and it still does it.

the Microsoft SP2 pop-up blocker and firewall. They are nothing but trouble
Your Right about that, I hate Internet Explorer. :evil:

I have been using Firefox 1.0 and I've had 0 problems with it.
Yeah I cannot download that becuase I have tired to download Mozilla FireFox before, and it will not work at all, I even treid to move all my favorites over to the Mozilla FireFox Browser and it will not work at all, I cannot search or nothing. Although that was a long time ago, I will try it again and let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have just installed Mozilla FireFox 1.0, and it is working fine so far, so can Someone Please send me a Private Message, so I can see if I get a Pop-Up Window?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I just don't get what the deal is with this Pop-Up Blocker, I mean I have even followed these instructions from this site and it still does not work. http://www.naplestech.com/pages/sp2_article.htm Also I do not know if there is a error on this site or mabey it is just my stupid computer, but I have my Profile Settings set, so when I get a New Private Message I will not get a e-mail notification about it, and I got one, but I have not clue as to why I would when I have the option disabled, just like on this site, how you have it log you in automatically each visit, well it does not log me in automatically, I have to manually do it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I just talked to another guy on another website, and he said that if it was my Pop-Up Blocker then I would get a message at the top of my screen that would appear saying it has blocked the popup. Although, I get no message at the top of my screen saying that the Pop-Up has been blocked, so I don't know what the deal is. As for switching browser, I have done so, I already installed and un-installed Mozilla Fire Fox 1.0 and I do have the updated version of Internet Explorer. I have Internet Explorer 6.0, and I have Service Pack 2(XP SP2) Installed as well.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, now I am starting to think that there is Spyware on my computer, because my mouse(I have a Optical Wireless Mouse by the way) just started to move all by itself, a few days ago, it moved all the way from one side of the screen to the other, and today it just did it again only it moved up the screen a little ways, I did not touch my mouse at all, I never even had my hands on my keyboard or nothing, I was not even leaning up against the keyboard on accident either, I do not know why it just moved by itself, it sure is strange though, and I am not lying about this either. Does anyone know of anything I can do to find out if I have Spyware on my computer, I mean does anyone know of any good Anti-Spyware removal programs or any other way that I can find out?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I have that, it is a good program.

Yeah I Figured it out FINALLY!!!! I can't beleive it this entire time it was the Stupid Norton Personal Firewall, I went into the settings of it and clicked on "Ad Blocking" it said it was turned on so I clicked on it and clicked on "Configure" and then I saw that it said "Pop-Up Window Blocking" is ON so I unchecked the box and clicked apply so now everything is working OK now, so I am Happy!!! :D :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LoNOx 1, I thank you for your assistance in this matter, and helping me work through it. :) :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts