Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking...we should have a meet up here in new englad

so i would like to guage interest for those in the CT area or anyone willing to drive out here for an insight meet

just a day to hang out and talk about our cars...nothing formal or official

once i get an idea of who might be interested in and where they are located, i can start guaging interest in a place and date

so, whos up for it?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hmm... I might be interested- depends on the day (I'm pretty busy) and the location. Any ideas on when it might be?

I'm located in Syracuse, NY

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi there!

I'd definitely be up for an Insight meetup for the New England area! I live in Southern NH, so selfishly one in Mass. might be better than CT- it's sort of the "middle ground."

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
knipdlo...i have no idea yet where or when it might be, im just looking to guage some interest

maybe we can narrow it down a bit and ask:

"is the weekend good for everyone?"

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
keep the interest coming guys and gals

once we get a good group...we can start planning...just keep an eye on this thread :D

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im bringing this thread back to life

so im thinking of 2 possible meeting spots

either somewhere in western mass...central to most of us who are interested

or mike's plac...since he offered it up, it is slightly less central, but the advantage to meeting at a residence might be a better idea

votes?

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
My place is actually about 6 miles from the corner of CT,MA,and RI, so a gathering here would be centrally located for a larger area, a New England Insight gathering rather than only CT. Do we want to invite Prius owners?

I just had a family reunion here on the 14th with over 75 people.
Got my mirrored dish running, so we can cook some solar hot dogs, the Insight on a stand should be a nice way for people to see all the insides that you would hardly ever get to see.
I still have most of the Understanding and Diagnosing demos here.
Three solar recharged electric golf carts to run around the yard.
The batmobile for some EV and boosted IMA fun
If people want to make it into a picnic or a cookout, we could go that route as well.
There are several nice routes near here for a MPG contest, on sparsely traveled secondary highways.

Maybe we can do a bit of prior planing, to make this into a mini New England Hybrid fest?
I am game for anything.

;)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey, if you wanna go that route mike, i am all for it :D

i was thinking just like 5 or 10 insights, but if you want to get prii and other green cars, we can go there too

itll take some more planning but will totally be worth it i think

·
Registered
224 Posts
In previous New England hybrid car gatherings, Prii were dominant, but Insights weren't excluded. (They outnumber us by more than an order of magnitude.) It seems appropriate to make this year's prospective event non-exclusive.
I expect that the technically inclined Prius enthusiasts (and others) would really appreciate seeing Mike's remarkable Hybrid Synergy Drive demo!

As with any well planned and executed event, volunteers are needed to ensure that one person (in this case, the prospective host) doesn't have to do all of the "heavy lifting", although for now, the plans are informal.

If you're inclined to help with the organizing, I'd suggest sending Mike a PM so the planning can get started.

In my own experiences, events like this have all been worthwhile attending. Hopefully, this can be a memorable day for "Insight Nation".

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
In my past experiences, it is pretty hard to get people to gather, and many of the past gatherings have sort of bombed out at the last minute.
Some questions:
All hybrids or only Insight?

When are people wanting to do this?

How many want to do it?

Bring food or not? lots of eating places if we want to go that way.

MPG run or not?

Something I forgot?
;)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
All hybrids or only Insight?
i say open it up to all hybrids and even other green cars...why not?

When are people wanting to do this?
im hoping to do it sometime before late fall

How many want to do it?
who knows... :lol:

Bring food or not? lots of eating places if we want to go that way.
either have everyone bring food or we can go somewhere and eat, but so you dont have to handle all the food by yourself...im leaning more towards just going somewhere, seems easier

MPG run or not?
MPG run seems like a great idea...maybe we can end it at a food establishment to tie into the above question

Something I forgot?
hmmm...cant think of anything, but this looks like its gonna be fun :)

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.