Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

John Wayland asked me to post this as he is having trouble with this forum. For those of you who haven't considered his setup, I highly recommend it! Here is John's message:

Hello to All,

Back on June 2nd, Ken had written:

...will only have to hope John restarts a
third run of kits, now that there will be an '05 Insight!

The last run was in February, and I've not built any since. I have, however, had two
recent requests for me to make up another batch of Shoebox Subs and to offer the amp, amp
plate, and door speakers again. I am considering doing it, but need at least 6 orders to
make it work out. If anyone is interested on getting in on yet another production run,
email me privately. The system can be viewed here:

<http://www.geoff.shepherd.com/xwayland/>

As with the February run, I'm no longer offering the audio and power wiring kits. The sub,

amp plate, Eclipse 4 ch. amp, and Infinity doors speakers are still offered.

See Ya......John Wayland ([email protected])

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
I got in on the February run. I got the subwoofer, amp, and amp plate, and purchased my own head unit and replacement door speakers separately. John sent highly detailed and very clear instructions. The shoebox subwoofer installation was probably the easiest part. It's a remarkably well-fitted piece of hardware. Unbolting the passenger seat for installation of the amp and running of cables under carpet and through the front firewall was the most mundane, difficult, and time consuming part. Tuning the cutoff frequencies and levels of the amp and head unit was pretty easy.

Overall I was initially very pleased with the results. Nowadays I'm wishing I had a little (ok, a lot) more acoustic insulation in the cabin - Oregon I-5 is amazingly bad and the rumble from the ruts in the roads laid by logging trucks is pretty effective at drowning out the little shoebox. Maybe someday I'll get around to that, but probably not anytime soon.

·
Registered
75 Posts
you bastard

Damn it, I was gonna take pictures of my install too....

Cool, now i know where to run the power cable, thanks!

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
You may have better luck reaching that grommet from the driver's side than the passenger's side.

Jim, excellent set of photos. I noticed there were no photos showing the hookup of line inputs from head unit to amp and powered outputs from amp to door speakers.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks Tim!
Yeah...unfortunately photos became secondary as the project wore on...it was a chilly March day and my fingers were getting stiff from the cold! :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts