Honda Insight Forum banner

Possible to patch leaky catalytic converter?

18K views 58 replies 9 participants last post by  newguy2015 
#1 ·
Before I install member KLR3CYL's great looking under belly panel, I was wondering if it was worth trying to patch my very noise catalytic converter with some sort of muffler repair that Advanced Auto sells. My main concerns are 1) would the stuff have any chance of working any better than it does on mufflers, which in my experience is not much (there is one that is sort of a silver liquid that says it hardens to the strength of steel. That might work better), and 2) if the stuff itself or some of the rust fell into the cat, could it cause a code to come up? Even feeling around up there just now might have made some rust fall into. I'll have to see how it acts after I start her up in a little while. The place it's rusting is where down where it connects to the mid pipe (name?) that runs the length of the car to the muffler. In fact, the left bolt is just hanging loose, and the part on the cat itself with the bolt hole has is dangling loose, totally disconnected from the cat itself. The problem is that I can't feel exactly where the hole is or see it in the pics I've taken with my cell phone. One of them is down below.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.