Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Insight community. I am considering selling my G1 and hoping to get an idea of what a fair price range for her. I hope that this is the right place for this kind of question, but will happily move it to the Marketplace forum if needed.

Here is some quick info on my G1:

2005 Honda Insight
5-speed manual w/ AC
Navy Blue Metallic

Body is in excellent condition except for one small scuff on front bumper
Interior is in pristine condition, includes matching floor mats and rear cover
No grinds, no codes, working rear latch, OEM RE92 tires, and all common issues addressed
AC is cold, heat is hot
Working IMA battery - replaced by PO and charged weekly for balance

78-80 MPG summer, 68-72 MPG winter

Grid charger
KLR3CYL aluminum belly pan
Fumoto oil valve
Rear wiper delete
Rear interior hatch cover
0w-20 synthetic oil

EGR cleaned with new gasket
New OEM rear motor mount
OEM orange spare is unused

Pictures:
Exterior: DSC07401.jpg
Interior: DSC07381.jpg
Hatch: DSC07377.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 5MT Insight w/ warm air intake, grid charger and more!
151 Posts
Hello Insight community. I am considering selling my G1 and hoping to get an idea of what a fair price range for her. I hope that this is the right place for this kind of question, but will happily move it to the Marketplace forum if needed.

Here is some quick info on my G1:

2005 Honda Insight
5-speed manual w/ AC
Navy Blue Metallic

Body is in excellent condition except for one small scuff on front bumper
Interior is in pristine condition, includes matching floor mats and rear cover
No grinds, no codes, working rear latch, OEM RE92 tires, and all common issues addressed
AC is cold, heat is hot
Working IMA battery - replaced by PO and charged weekly for balance

78-80 MPG summer, 68-72 MPG winter

Grid charger
KLR3CYL aluminum belly pan
Fumoto oil valve
Rear wiper delete
Rear interior hatch cover
0w-20 synthetic oil

EGR cleaned with new gasket
New OEM rear motor mount
OEM orange spare is unused

Pictures:
Exterior: DSC07401.jpg
Interior: DSC07381.jpg
Hatch: DSC07377.jpg
Sold mine for $3200 w/ 364k miles, same color and condition as yours (save for much more rock chips), IMA pack replaced w/ a 2 year old one, mine was an 06, one owner before me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Red 2000 MT
23 Posts
If you want top dollar, you may want to consider replacing the battery and having that associated warranty in your sale. A battery requiring a weekly grid charge is not desirable, especially among buyers who want a well sorted car. So that reduces the sale value by a lot.

Maybe your battery's even in good condition, several buyers have the mentality that no warranty = bad battery.

Given the described condition of the car, I believe you would profit with a new battery in the vehicle sale, despite that high investment in the battery purchase.

*disclaimer, I am not affiliated with any hybrid battery companies. This is my opinion based on previous for-sale ads on the forum, and my experience owning and grid charging a weak hybrid battery.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Wow. Sweet car! I would seriously love this in my stable! 5 grand for me is a bit high but it’s clean and miles are lower to boot. Beautiful color. I have an 02 blue I haven’t driven since I bought it which has 113k miles but brake lines were rusted out and I ended up finding another daily which I still drive. What others will say about getting top dollar is what is on the table: everything is good to go and battery is on top notch shape with warranty. GLWS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I owe a huge debt of gratitude to the group, thank you all for your feedback!

To clarify, the IMA battery does not need recharging - this is something that I do on a regular schedule to balance out the cells. I appreciate the feedback regarding the new battery, and I will certainly consider that, even though it may be a challenge when selling the car remotely.

I will review the comps in more detail. But it seems that the going rate for this example might be in the 4.5-6k range. I would love to hear if anybody disagrees!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And one quick note, I think I've returned all PMs and texts about the car. In the event that I did not, please reach out and I will make sure to give you my full attention.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi!
Very interested in purchasing. Please let me know if you’re interested in selling at this time and your current asking price.
Thank you!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts