1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have dropped our prices.

Gen 1 Insight batteries are now $1675
Gen 2 Insight batteries are now $1350

Gen 1 security deposits are $500 for a fully assembled battery (with electronics board) or $300 for a partially assembled (swap your own electronics board)

Raw sticks are $82 each with PTC strip or $77 each without PTC but with a sleeve to shrink your own.

Our InsightCentral ad will change shortly to reflect the new prices.

ampedhybrid.com

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I didn't even know there was an aftermarket for gen2 insights yet.

·
Premium Member
2,391 Posts
The sticks match the 2nd Gen Honda Civic Hybrid which began with the 2006 model year. There is a market for the 2nd Gen Honda Civic Hybrid and so the sticks are available for the 2nd Gen Insight too.

I haven't heard of anyone who has had a warranty replacement or failure of the 2nd Gen Insight pack yet mentioned on this forum, unless I missed it.

·
Premium Member
9,977 Posts
I had a vendor threaten to send me some extra capacity gen2 sticks, but Ive yet to see them in the mail. :???:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't even know there was an aftermarket for gen2 insights yet.
There isn't any real demand yet. That's why that one battery is a special order. We don't keep an assembled unit on the shelf, but we will build one in 2 days if someone needs one.

The only demand at this point would be salvage title vehicles (no warranty).

We will stock CRZ batteries soon, bet they're even less in demand.

·
Premium Member
9,977 Posts
The later 2nd release of the crz is suppose to be lithium with the new push to pass feature. Ive heard elsewhere its the same lithium the hch uses. :confused:

·
Registered
88 Posts
We have dropped our prices.

Gen 1 Insight batteries are now $1675
Gen 2 Insight batteries are now $1350

Gen 1 security deposits are $500 for a fully assembled battery (with electronics board) or $300 for a partially assembled (swap your own electronics board)

Raw sticks are $82 each with PTC strip or $77 each without PTC but with a sleeve to shrink your own.

Our InsightCentral ad will change shortly to reflect the new prices.

ampedhybrid.com
So if i buy 20 new sticks with ptc strips and return my old ptc strips thats $1640 before shipping. However if i buy a g1 insight battery for 1675 does that include all new sticks? raw sticks so your charging 35 labor to assemble?
I currently have 2 G1's and 1 extra complete pack fully assembled battery (with electronics board) I'm sitting on a core.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Correct. We're only charging you $35 to assemble the pack. It's only about 30m minutes of work, then we charge the pack for you (okay, so maybe it's 40 minutes of work).

HOWEVER, it costs more to ship a pack to you and have you ship a pack back. If you want to put the sticks in then it's just one way shipping on a small box and then you just send us a tube with your old PTC strips.

So if i buy 20 new sticks with ptc strips and return my old ptc strips thats $1640 before shipping. However if i buy a g1 insight battery for 1675 does that include all new sticks? raw sticks so your charging 35 labor to assemble?
I currently have 2 G1's and 1 extra complete pack fully assembled battery (with electronics board) I'm sitting on a core.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts