Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had insurance with Progressive for 3 full years. I was paying 512.00 per 6 months on the Insight.

I went to progressive website and did a new customer price quote. By doing that I got my insurance down to 575 on both the Insight and the 2003 Jetta TDI!!

I called and had to cancel my old policy and write up a new one.

Saved me about 300.00 every 6 months.

Looks like if you've had the same policy for more than 1 year it might be a good ideal to start a new one. :roll:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had the same luck with Progressive about 2 monhts ago. I switched from my previous carrier and saved around $300 every 6 months!

·
Registered
741 Posts
If you *really* want to save money, remove the Collision insurance from your Insight. I pay ~$200 now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'd swear by Progressive. I just dropped off my insight at their collision repair center. They take it, get it fixed, inspected it and call you when it's done. No muss no fuss. And all repairs are guaranteed as long as you own it. :) Now, I'd rather not have to use the collision but so far it's working out.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Insurance - you're betting against yourself!

I pay less than $300 US, total, for all FIVE cars that I currently drive.
I only purchase the insurance required by law, to cover the other folks. I don't buy insurance for collision on my rigs, since I don't bet *against* myself, and you can be sure that the insurance companies know that it's certain that the greatest % of drivers will make out poorly in the mix, financially, when they buy their insurance.
Check out Wawanessa Insurance in San Diego, CA, USA
Spend your $ on your family, or your favorite non-profit organizations - not the insurance industry. - They're one of the richest industries on the planet - with your $.
Remember to stop & get gas each month. Enjoy, Berk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts