Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Lean Burn = Happiness
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

We've been working for a while to bring a better (and cost effective) discharger offering to market than the light bulb 2x4 block thing. I'm happy to announce the new Prolong Battery Discharger!

Prototype photo:

Key Features:
-1.5A-200mA auto tapering NiMh Hybrid battery discharging
-Three pack level discharge termination options: 0.8V/cell; 0.5V/cell; and 0.1V/cell
-16 Megahertz analog output - datalogging support - can be read by using a TTL to USB cable (cable not included)
-Audible alert when discharge finished (can be turned off if desired)
-Compatible with all Prolong™ Battery Systems Discharge Ready Car Harnesses
-Universal AC input. Size: 7.5" x 7.5" x 3.5". Includes Prolong Battery Discharger and AC power cord (US, Canada, & Japan orders only). Car Harness sold separately.

We will be featuring this discharger at our booth at the VISION Hi-Tech Training & Expo and Automotive Training Expo. We are currently taking pre-orders on our new Prolong Battery Discharger here: Prolong Battery Discharger

We are charging slightly more for the pre-order to offset the air freight of the enclosure from China and a cooling fan substitution (darn supplier ran out!). Once we reach full release in May with the normal fan, we expect the price to drop to $229.

You can read more about the development here:
https://hybridautomotive.com/blogs/news

:)
Jeff

Attachments

·
Lean Burn = Happiness
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Neat... how much ;-)

·
Lean Burn = Happiness
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
4,008 Posts

Too bad my car and charger have the old style trailer lights harness.

·
Lean Burn = Happiness
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Too bad my car and charger have the old style trailer lights harness.
We make adapter pigtails for $10 - or free with purchase of a charger or discharger ;-)

·
Lean Burn = Happiness
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good product as alternative to resistors, whats the max rate of discharge and is it adjustable?
The Prolong Battery Discharger loads the battery at 1.5A CC in the normal operating range. It steps down to 0.5A CC as the battery nears empty and drops again to 200mA CC for deep discharging. This is all automated, no user intervention is needed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Jeff, I have an RB Batteries Charger. If I purchased your intelligent discharger, would it come with a pigtail to connect it to the RB batteries connector? I could supply the connector or just attach it myself. But I would need the connector that fits the discharger. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The light bulb blew out the 3a fuse in the Prolong harness ???

I like the new discharger system you have developed...

But I am having a problem with your old, light bulb discharger...I blew out the 3a fuse in the Prolong harness...(I believe)...I don't know how it happened as all I did was turn off the charger for a hour and a half (according to your instructions rest period after charging to capacity and rebalancing for hours.)

then I plugged the harness plug into the light bulb unit and the twisted the light bulb and the bulb blew...So now what ???

Now what ??....I understand there is a 3 amp fuse in the harness...somewhere ?? inside the battery compartment ??? On your website I can't find any reference as to how the 3 amp fuse can be replaced ???

I followed your directions and...also the harness was professionally installed....

I realy need some help from you guys....I have suceeded to get through phase I and phase II discharging/charging and rebalancing...

I was starting the final phase III discharge, to be followed buy the recharge and final rebalancing and this HAPPENED !!

Would realy like to finsh this up so I can use my car again....

I have 3 days involved in this so far...I would have been finished tomorrow...You aren't open till Monday...I don't want to get hurt or killed doing this....So some help on replacing the 3 amp fuse would be greatly appreciated

Frustrated Ron

·
Lean Burn = Happiness
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

But I am having a problem with your old, light bulb discharger...I blew out the 3a fuse in the Prolong harness...
Please call us at 800-589-0730 so that we can assist you. We have phone support available from 7AM-5PM PST five days a week.

·
Registered
8 Posts

But I am having a problem with your old, light bulb discharger...I blew out the 3a fuse in the Prolong harness...(I believe)...I don't know how it happened as all I did was turn off the charger for a hour and a half (according to your instructions rest period after charging to capacity and rebalancing for hours.)

then I plugged the harness plug into the light bulb unit and the twisted the light bulb and the bulb blew...So now what ???

Now what ??....I understand there is a 3 amp fuse in the harness...somewhere ?? inside the battery compartment ??? On your website I can't find any reference as to how the 3 amp fuse can be replaced ???

I followed your directions and...also the harness was professionally installed....

I realy need some help from you guys....I have suceeded to get through phase I and phase II discharging/charging and rebalancing...

I was starting the final phase III discharge, to be followed buy the recharge and final rebalancing and this HAPPENED !!

Would realy like to finsh this up so I can use my car again....

I have 3 days involved in this so far...I would have been finished tomorrow...You aren't open till Monday...I don't want to get hurt or killed doing this....So some help on replacing the 3 amp fuse would be greatly appreciated

Frustrated Ron
hi Ron were you ever able to solve the problem

thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts