Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does this work? Do I have to go with them? Do they leave me their car as collateral?
I've always been aware of this but have never done it myself, nor has anyone ever asked me to do it with a car I've sold.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,752 Posts
"Taking it to the mechanic" for WHAT?

Willie

·
Banned
2 Posts
I think you can arrange for an inspection on your side but if both parties want to make sure that the report is exactly what is happening then you can both go to get it checked out if it makes everyone feel a little better. Just make sure you request a copy of the report for any other buyers who may want to see how the car shapes up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yup

I think you can arrange for an inspection on your side but if both parties want to make sure that the report is exactly what is happening then you can both go to get it checked out if it makes everyone feel a little better. Just make sure you request a copy of the report for any other buyers who may want to see how the car shapes up.
To play the devil's advocate here . . . if you didn't present them with a proper certificate / report that shows that your car is free or errors or what not, then the buyer has the right to take the car for a check up.

I agree with @webbrowan - Just go with them for the inspection or make sure you get the same report.

Even better idea . . . have it all inspected before trying to sell it ;)

·
3,641 Posts
then the buyer has the right to take the car for a check up.
I don't think that a buyer "has the right to take the car" to do anything, at least in the 8 states that I've lived in.
It may be good form for the seller to permit getting an inspection, or even help facilitate this in order to help reassure the buyer.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
I don't think that a buyer "has the right to take the car" to do anything, at least in the 8 states that I've lived in.
It may be good form for the seller to permit getting an inspection, or even help facilitate this in order to help reassure the buyer.
Amen to that.

You do not get to drive off in my car without me. Sorry. It's the world we live in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts