Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm about to buy an Insight and am wondering what people are paying for a 2005 manual with AC. Anyone have any suggestions about what I might go in with as an offer?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
The MSRP for your 2005 is 20,580 not including 530 dollars destination charge. Brand new Insights are so scarce that the dealer is unlikely to discount, unless a few months pass and he still has the car unsold sitting on the lot. You might offer, say, $18,500 and see what happens. Billy......

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
My experience has been that finding a new 5 speed is so darned hard that I would probably be so excited I would just throw wads of cash all over the dealer to get the car before someone else did. Meaning, I agree that the dealer probably won't be very flexible. Start low anyway, they won't let you walk away if you come up to their price level - so why start there anyway! I second the motion to start a few thousand under, and I also second the motion to not expect much compromise.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your input. I figured MSRP would be the going rate, but just thought I'd see what you experts thought!

Looking forward to getting my new Insight!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just picked up an '05 Silver 5-speed with A/C for $19,680 out the door.
Goodson Honda North in Houston, Texas. Very good dealership.
Ask for Wells Eckhardt, director of internet sales.
This was the only new '05 5-speed I could find in this area.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Purchase price update

Very good price! Seems like you maybe got it around the invoice price!

Actually, I just ordered my '05 silverstone 5-speed with a/c for $19,995 from Honda of Seattle.

It was funny because at first they wanted MSRP ($21,045) plus a "value package" charge of something like $1,485. When we asked what that was, they said it was what they had to charge because the car was so rare.

We offered $300 above invoice, they laughed, we left. Then I got a call about half an hour later on my cell from the general manager saying he'd "love to take our offer!"

My baby will go into production on March 17, St. Patrick's day, so I'm planning to call it St. Pappy. Should arrive early to mid April -- woo-hoo!

Just FYI to those looking in Seattle, Honda of Seattle has a 2005 red automatic on the lot. And they have another '05 coming in at the same time as mine -- can't remember the color.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I'm amazed people are still getting Insights for around $20K. That is what I paid for my new CVT back in 2001.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts