Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after about a year of less than optimum ima battery activity - > forced recharges, < assists and assist time, etc. - I pulled the 12v and put in a sears silver 51r ... I got a good deal on it - $80 bucks with exchange ... the removal of the battery and battery tray was a breeze ... even with the battery tray removed the 51r is a tight fit ... with the outside edge of the battery flush with the outside edge of the metal battery ledge the inside edge of the + battery connector is almost flush with the air filter box ... it appears removing the filter in the future will be a little tricky but it will prolly just amount to a minute of wiggling ... im thinking if I could attach the + battery connector 90 degrees from the back instead of the side so it doesn't rub the air filter box? ... whaddaya think??? any hints, tips, musings, shared insights welcome

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
on a separate note, after a half hour of idling for the computer to relearn, etc. I took a one hour drive to the beach ... assist is crazy long with tons of punch and a much more robust soc ... I realize the system prolly will stabilize but thus far everything is aok ... I didn't get one error code or anything ... there was also the issue of the positive battery wire lead that is very close to the lower edge of the battery ... I think I might wrap it with some electrical tape to give it some protection from wear ... the battery is locked down real snug with the hold down clamp tho ... I don't see any problems whatsoever with the exception of the tight fit with the air filter box

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
WOOHOO, another member of the group 51 club!!!! :D

Yeah, its a snug fit. I havent had any problems, unaware of any others.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
I just live with the snug fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts