Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
My experience these last few weeks is that the Insight (’06 CVT) will idle stop at ~0 degree F. However the battery needs to be fully warmed up. It has been taking about 20 minutes of driving till the IMA stops acting funny from the warm up cycle. During warm up there are 3 or 4 bars of charge while running at a constant speed (SOC within 2 or 3 bars of full). The bars go away if you accelerate just below the assist threshold. However it seams that using heavy assist helps to warm the battery pack and with the forced charging the SOC dose not suffer. Several times I have dropped off the freeway and there is no braking regen due to the battery being full. However if I keep driving using lots of assist and the warm up cycle turns off the SOC can drop to half pretty quickly.

With the battery up to temperature, lights, radio on and hitting the climate control off before stopping the car will auto stop at these temperatures. Turning the climate control back on (econ / a/c off) while waiting for the light has no effect to the auto stop. The temperature of the air will start to cool off fairly soon though.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts