Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I've had my SG2 pretty much for as long as I had my gen 1, so about 10 years now! It's been a very long time I did the setup for the SG2, and the MPG gauge (one of the 4 gauges I use) has always been in sync with my car's fuel economy gauge on the dash. It's the gauge where a horizontal green bar increases or decreases as you step on the gas pedal to let you know of your fuel economy. At each fill up (always from near empty) I always enter the numbers into the SG2, and I believe that's what makes the MPG gauge accurate.

Well, about a couple of months ago, I went on a long driving trip and wanted to fill up my half filled tank before heading out. I didn't enter that fill up into my SG2, and since then it's been totally out of sync with my car's fuel economy gauge. At first the SG2 was reading really high MPG. After two fill ups and entering in the numbers into the SG2, it's slowly syncing with my car's fuel economy gauge, though it's reading slightly lower MPG but not wildly off as before.

Should I reset my SG2 or continue with my fill ups and entering in the correct numbers each time and just let the SG2 return back to a calibrated state where the MPG gauge is in sync with my car's dash gauge?

·
vote 4 mawah
287 Posts
Since you asked and I've never seen the mpg gauge with the "horizontal green bar increases or decreases as you step on the gas pedal to let you know of your fuel economy" on my old scangayge 2, my first thought was, what firmware version is your gauge showing when it first boots up? scan gauge
scangauge dot com support upgrade
I don't want to say what you should do since I don't know what is the best way to handle your situation. You could put in a request to Linear Logic, LLC in Meda AZ. (see link above) for their suggestion/s.

lets say, you missed putting in 5 gals of gas. add 1 gal gas at each of your next 5 fillups?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts