Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my 2000 Insight's battery pack replaced. Correct me if necessary, but I think the old software kept the charge between 15 to 85%, but the new one keeps if from getting as low. Anyone know what the SOC range is now?

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
AFAIK there's not been a comprehensive post from an 03'r or newer or a replacement IMA pack with then MCM & BCM.

The technical specifics as to a narrower range of _true_ SoC has not been posted. Remember the gauges are software driven so what they show isn't always the whole picture. ;)

HTH! :)

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,963 Posts
ima

The replacement controller limits the amount of drain to just below half of what the SOC gauge shows. It will go down further, but you have to really force it to do so. As the SOC gauge goes lower, you will see about 4 bars of forced charge till the SOC gauge reads app. 3 bars from the "empty" location. (at the same time the 4 bars of regen are showing...........weird).
If you don't force the battery to drain, when the gauge gets to just below half empty or half full, depending on how you look at it, it will regen back almost full. By running the engine above 3200 rpm "up a grade" you can charge the battery to "almost full".

I've had my replacement battery 70,000 miles and NO RECALS. I've forced it below "one half" three times.

Willie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts