Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Quick question, is there any way to see what software updates have been applied on your Insight and with that being said, does Honda have a site in which you can see all the updates that were available for the car and what each update did,,,IE "improved fuel economy", etc. Just was wondering?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
No, not software updates. It is the source of much confusion, both with owners and Honda dealer service advisors. The only way to check for software updates is to actually connect the car to the Honda computer in the service area. Service advisors can check for open recalls on their computers with a VIN.

You can (and should) register your Honda on their owner's link site. You use your VIN. The site will show open recalls, allow you to store your radio code, and keep track of service. You can even make service appointments from there.

Owners.honda.com

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
To answer a question you raised in an MPG thread,

The updates where applied at the factory for later builds around the time the updates came out. So some 2011, and all 2012, 2013, & 2014 Insights already have them. That said, there could be new updates, but I would not hold my breath. As far as Honda is concerned this Insight is over.

Do spend some time reading the first few pages of the older longer software update threads. You will know the history.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
943 Posts
As has been said, Honda can tell you. After they connected up my car the printout looked like this:

View attachment 23689
Good of them to give you that. Which dealer did you use. I never had a printout when I had mine done but could feel the difference in several situations.

Subsequently others have confirmed the 3 updates. Nice to be able to put a reference on it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Good of them to give you that. Which dealer did you use. I never had a printout when I had mine done but could feel the difference in several situations.

Subsequently others have confirmed the 3 updates. Nice to be able to put a reference on it.
That was part of the health check they did during my service at Lloyd's, Carlisle. It's done with the inspection of tyres, alignment, brakes, suspension etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
dmt257
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing