Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone!

Do you have Questions for Honda’s Chief Engineer About Hybrid Cars???

I used own 2000 Silver Insight MT in LA, now my beloved Insight is with my brother up in Seattle. I wrote several posts here at forum before. I learned a lot about Insight here, thank you, thank you, thank you! Now I think I have an great oppotunity to get something back to this community.

I write articles for Green Options Media from Tokyo. I just wrote an Insight article. If you have any questions about hybrid to Honda Chief Engineer, please read my article and post questions there at gas2.org site.

Submit Your Questions for Honda’s Chief Engineer About Hybrid Cars
Written by Tetsuya Yokoyama
http://gas2.org/2008/12/11/want-to-ask- ... ybrid-car/

When you post Qs there, please mention you are from Insight Central. I will ask quetions to him as much as possible. Even though I interview as a Green Options Media writer, I will mention about Insight Central too.

I will check the post at gas2.org site around noon PST on the 12th to see if there are Qs from everyone and check here too just in case.

Thank you,

Tetsuya

P.S. Dear Forum Moderator, if putting my article link from other site is not appropriate, please remove this post.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Re: Article, Submit Your Questions for Honda’s Chief Engineer...

I have two right off the top of my head, but will probably think of more as the day goes by.

Why did Honda install power steering when it's obviously not required?

Why was the ABS system programmed to be hyper-sensitive?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for asking Aaron!!

If you could bring the questions to gas2.org page link, that would be great. Please mention you are from Insight Central!

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
posted a few questions of mine.

Forgot to mention I.C. :(

I don't envy you ... you'll only have time for a choice few of the questions you'll have... how do you choose?

still a rare opportunity.

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
Questions:

Given the advancement in battery technologies; Is Honda researching options for better batteries? For example an upgrade from NiMh to LiPo or bigger Kwh battery packs. Maybe an "entry" level NiMh with a better _MPG_ performing LiPo (more agressive battery usage).

Along the same lines; Is Honda considering improved hybrid battery management strategies? For example _active_ battery balancing at the individual cell level to extend service life.

I understand you will need to chose your questions carefully. So the above questions might not make the grade. And that Honda may chose to be "guarded" in their answers.

Thanks for your post here and the opportunity to possibly have our questions asked.

Sincerely,

(posted at the link above)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you very much for responding my article ! I’m sorry for such a short notice. Thank you for putting Qs on gas2.0!!

I think the Interview was very successful overall. I could not cover everything, but I could get many interesting responses from him. I think I will write a few articles on this interview.

I will post other green cars stories I saw at the show too. The interview pieces most likely goes to gas2.0, but some others may goes to other blog. I am a new writer there, and you will find my article from here.
http://greenoptions.com/author/tygo

Tetsuya

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
any idea when we will see the article ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IamIan, I need little more time. Please wait a few more days.

Other reader at Gas2.0 also asked same quesiton, so I also respond there too.

ty

1 - 9 of 9 Posts