Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if there is anyone out there that installed a Fumoto Quick drain plug.

i was thinking about installing one but would like some feedback first

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think it is because i searched for quick oil drain plug and come up with nothing
maybe you can help me out.
and pass the link that you found or continuing be less then helpful with smart a$$ comments :!:

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Since the gen 2 has a longer oil change interval, I dont think there has been any interest or discussion.

Second, I dont want to make it any easier for oil to escape the engine. :grin:

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
I bet if you use the extended mileage oil you could go between 15-20 thousand miles if you drive that much in a year. Im pretty sure the yearly change would be required due to acid built up, moisture and such.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
I have used the Fumoto drain plug on several cars, including my Insight, for several years and have not had any leaks or other problems. I think Fumoto now has some good competition from EZ oil drain valves, though I have only used Fumoto.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
I know if you visit jiffy lube they usually switch it out for a quick change plug. Also many refuse to service hybrid vehicles since you cant really turn them off. Jiffy requires them to service the car with the key in it and the prius is know to start up the ice in those conditions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts