Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
I was going to buy one from a lady on LetGo app. It was the smaller one and when I drove to her house to measure the fit it didn’t appear to me that it would work. This is bigger. I don’t see how it could be made to work unless there was something to mod it. As I recall, the spots to jack didn’t line up with the pucks. It’s possible this doesn’t matter but that and the fact that it still doesn’t jack up the car very high made it seem like a waste of money.

·
Super Moderator
5,192 Posts
I have the smaller one, and it works great. Waste of money? Hardly. It's one of the best tools I've ever bought.

Sam

·
Registered
420 Posts
The reason I said what I said is because of my needs, more than crawling under the car, which are to drop the subframe and engine on my RSX to remove rather than pulling it out from on top. For a little more money you can get a regular jack to lift the car and walk under it. Well, at this price point around 1500-2000 grand. But I do have a question. Do you have a picture of yours up on the lift? It is safer than jack stands, that much I can for sure. I don’t really like crawling under car with jack stands.

·
Super Moderator
5,192 Posts
I don't think I have a picture, but there's no way a car could fall off of it.

Sam

·
Registered
420 Posts
That’s comforting to know. When I get a little cash saved maybe I’ll give it a swing. My goal to get an actual lift so I can lift higher. Enough to drop engine and trans out with subframe attached.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
I purchased the Costco one earlier this year and love it. Here is a picture of my Ford Escape on it. I haven't had my Insight on it yet. Came in super handy a month ago when I had to replace the seals on the AWD unit and all the front suspension components. Will take some pictures next time I have the insight on it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Thanks for the picture. So, it goes at least a few inches higher than jack stands do and certainly safer. I always get nervous putting my car up on them and more so when taking it off. Plus the whole thought of getting crushed underneath the car is very scary. I think I get that way from all the stories I’ve read about those incidents over the years. Maybe not a real concern if you take proper precautions.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
That picture is the very first time I raised my Escape. Quickjack included some small rubber inserts between the lift and vehicle that crushed under the weight. I purchased a 4x4 wood post from Lowes and cut it into the six pieces that would fit into the holes where you put the inserts. Now it lifts the Escape another four inches and is supported by about three feet or wood on both sides. So it really doesn't matter where you lift it from since it has three feet of support on both sides. Much more contact than a simple jack stand. The Quickjack does have a locking system but I always use a jack stand as a backup just in case. Better to be safe than a pancake.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The reason I said what I said is because of my needs, more than crawling under the car, which are to drop the subframe and engine on my RSX to remove rather than pulling it out from on top. For a little more money you can get a regular jack to lift the car and walk under it. Well, at this price point around 1500-2000 grand. But I do have a question. Do you have a picture of yours up on the lift? It is safer than jack stands, that much I can for sure. I don’t really like crawling under car with jack stands.
I just met a guy who had jack stands slip while he was partway under a car. Crushed one side of his rib cage. Ouch!

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,967 Posts
Well.It was the person who placed the jack stands fault, not the jackstands.
They are real safe if placed properly.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i really enjoy my lift AND it was cheaper than the quick jack, i got it nearly new on craigslist for $800 in january.
the quick jack doesnt have enough lift for me, would be great if they release a higher lifting model.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts