·
Registered
323 Posts
That was great, I wish we could see the part where the Insight smoked the VW
"Unpimp the Automobile" :lol:

·
Registered
408 Posts
Was that a CVT? It looked like it was just pegged at redline while the speed was increasing.

·
Registered
453 Posts
racing a CVT against a 5speed car :roll:

plus its ohh so easy for a TDI owner to spend 300.00 for an ECU tuning and get 25 more HP and tons more torque.

We don't know what mods the TDI car has ;)

·
Registered
453 Posts
http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp ... le_id=7817

VW Jetta TDI - "11.3-second 0-to-60-mph time suggests. Interestingly, that's exactly the time a fully charged '04 Toyota Prius hybrid needs to do the job. " "Jetta 1/4-mile: 18.1 sec @ 74 mph"

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp ... le_id=2019
CVT insight the Insight "still needed 10.6 seconds to reach 60 mph"

:shock:
so car and driver as the insight cvt has .7 seconds quicker 0-60.

" as the CVT is, it can't match the five-speed manually shifted car at the drag strip. That car is half a second quicker to 60 mph and clears the quarter-mile in 18.0 seconds, 0.3 second quicker than the CVT model"

and a 5speed Insight is 1.2 seconds quiker than the TDI 0-60 and is the same speed as the TDI.

I'd trust car and driver.com over some internet video clip.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Thanks Cakley.

I have a movie of an 80's Civic smoking a Dodge Viper. :shock:

One really has no idea what is under the hood. A local Honda mechanic has built himself a beautiful CRX sleeper with a supercharged 2.2 litre Integra engine. He says it puts out over 240 BHP on the dyno. It looks brand spanking new and totally stock except for the wheels!

·
Registered
348 Posts
I've smoked-out so many TDi's, I've lost count !

Pity they used a CVT in the video...
:?

·
Registered
10 Posts
No. 166 said:
I've smoked-out so many TDi's, I've lost count !

Pity they used a CVT in the video...
:?
Dare I say my TDI could smoke you :) a nice thick cloud of it given the crap diesel available in the usa. :) either way the cars arent made to race, but both great viable rides given the state of fuel costs.

·
Registered
53 Posts
thats great! lol. very similar to what happend to me last night!

I guess I can look forward to swapping in a K-series motor when my IMA goes out....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts