Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw this on the San Francisco craigslist! Epic find and for anybody who wants an G1 insight with a radical aerodynamic modification! And has the money...

Of course it's OBO and the owner lives in LA. Getting your hands on this one would be epic! It would be pretty cool to see a body kit like this and sell it as an aftermarket product. I'd buy it!

Looks like they modified the spats too!

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is the description.

Doesn't come with the engine they used for the competition.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Amazing that they did this to achieve high mpg's but they remove the spats and exposed the rear wheels!?! Strange . I don't like that open wheel look in the rear. You would think they would have done better just to leave the spats alone.
Gerald

·
Super Moderator
9,336 Posts
It would be nice to have more details on the aerodynamic mods. Probably has a nice full underbelly.

The special nose lowers the stagnation point and according to Hucho this would be a minor improvement. If one fully blocks the 2 openings on the stock nose, it is unclear exactly how much the modified nose lowers the stagnation point by comparison. If they had created a bottom feeder radiator opening with a vented hood, there would have been a small improvement.

The rear wheel treatment doesn't look like an improvement to me, but they may have wind tunnel data saying otherwise. Sometimes hard to know about these things without a wind tunnel. Surprised they didn't use smaller more aerodynamic mirrors since this is a know improvement.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
If anyone ever wanted a g1 modified to have rear seats, there it is.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Awesome insight for life! If you could take pictures and update us that would be excellent! I wonder what $ numbers they are looking for in offers?

I agree with insightlover2011. An aftermarket kit would be sick but keeping the rear wheel covered would be on my check list as well.

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
I would like to know what it weighs.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey "Insight for Life"
Did you every take some good pics of the G1 listed in Craigs?
Must see as I am working on mine and need examples

1 - 13 of 13 Posts