Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I am installing a new radio into my 2000 insight. I have a question about which wiring harness to buy.

According to this ebay listing for a harness, this harness only works for the 2001+ Insight, meaning not the 2000 like mine:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1

Did they change the harness in 2001? Doesn't make much sense.

Many people on here say to buy the harness from a 2000 civic, but that is a different shape (flatter) than the one in this auction.

I pulled my radio out to see, yet I can't tell by looking at the plug. Please help! I need to decide which harness to buy - this one, which is the s2000 one, or the 2000 civic one. All the information I have read is not specific to MY 2000 cars, and seems to conflict a bit.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
It's the same plug. If I recall I instlled radios in a 2000, my 2002 and a 2003 Insight and all had the same plug, same as a Civic. The only difference is the dimmer wire. If you do the color to color wire match you get the dim level of the dash which won't dim the stereo. I can't remember off the top of my head, but there is another dimmer wire which is the running lights on signal which is what you need to hook up.

·
Registered
408 Posts
The Insight's connector in 2000 is the same as the Civic of that year. There's a link somewhere on this site about a write-up for a JVC headunit that I used to replace mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts