Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know many of you have replaced the radio. I plan to do so also - I want something with an MP3 player, clock. And something that looks good in the Insight. Also, something that is EASY to put in, no cutting, etc. required.

Suggestions??

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
empeg!

My choice is the only radio that is as much technologically advanced, ahead of it's time and rare as the Insight itself. The empeg!
It's been discontinued years ago, but there is an alive-and-well community supporting it. And you find players popping up on ebay. Info here

·
Registered
700 Posts
Check Crutchfield to get some ideas, use the "what fits my car" tool.

There are quite a few CD/MP3 head units available and they have pictures so you can get an idea of what you like the looks of. There are many under $250 bucks, and really there won't be much performance difference at that level.

And installation is about as easy as it gets. There are pages where folks have shown how to pull the dash apart, and it really is simple. Much simpler than most other cars I have worked on.

Crutchfield even includes the needed harness adapter.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took a look at a Pioneer DEH-P4600 at a Best Buy. Crutchfield has them for $179. It has a fold down face. Any pros or cons about that? Any other comments about the deck?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Kenwood excelon decks are very very nice.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Well, I'm one of the oldschool CD listeners and I don't bother with MP-3 and such things.....
I am happy with my Alpine in-dash triple CD-changer/Radio combination.
:wink:

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
I have the entry level (single CD) Alpine which relaxes me with just Bass and Treble controls and no fancy equalizer to over work my brain.

I have upgraded speakers to some 'full basket' Pioneers with some homebrewed spacers.

http://fungiart.com/insight/stereo.html

I put Sony's in the GF's with the stock cassette deck, pictures will come eventually...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looked at a Kenwood KDC-MPV5025. It has the plus of being able to change the display colors. and still under $200.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts