Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What model/brand do people recommend to keep most of the rain out when the window is slightly cracked and it's raining? I know it'll cause more drag but it'll be a nice convenience.

Possibly going to have to be a repurposed wind/rain visor.

TY

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
12,041 Posts
I used Ventshades 92602. (with mods) Only one close to the curvature.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
12,041 Posts
"Trim" to fit, especially around the mirror bracket.
I think I put some pics in my "Turbocharged Insight" thread many years ago. Can't remember which page it was on..

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Ya, good job everyone!

Here is the brake down of the solution.
1. buy Ventshades 92602 (made in the usa)
1a. put on some mechanics nytril goves
2. heat up the end that get tucked into the mirror area with a heat gun
3. smash it with an appropriate smasher thing(decreasing the angle, maybe 3/4"+ at top and 1/2"+ at bottom)
3a. again use heat gun to warm up the mess you just made and rework it to your hearts content, while warm trim it with snips(cracks otherwise) and sand. If the vent shades came damaged(mine did) there may be an unsightly bend or lighter colored section where the bend happened - warm it up with the heat gun and it magically goes away(!!!!)
4. install as per usual keeping the trailing edge "just" inside the upright footprint of the door, and the same with the center of ventshade divided in half vertically.
5. use same heat gun to get the furthest forward section(by the mirror) to wrap around the door better, and the trailing edge steps up where you reach the column - you'll need to heat that up as well to get it to sink down into that valley.
6. pat yourself on the back for a job awesome done

1 - 11 of 11 Posts