Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the chap preping an Insight for tarmac stage rallies here in the UK.

The manual car we are using has a standard RPM limiter which kicks in abruptly at about 6200. Does anyone know of a way to disable this limit or at least to raise it by a useful margin or would this play havoc with the IMA system.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I have not heard of anyone with an Insight attempting that.
You are likely a world pioneer with the level of race car preparation you are doing with the insight. The people that race prep Insights in the US for drag racing replace the engine and remove the IMA system.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Rev Limiter

Yes Mitch,
Warren know's the guy who runs Hondata. Last I checked I don't think he had done an Insight ECU but Warren says he would have no trouble doing so. The IMA is where we get our toruqe, 36 ft lbs ! The high revs would use less of that and there may be an issue with valve float. Also, if youv'e seen our rods they look like tooth picks. How about Mike's MIMA and one or two Prius packs? Turbo is torque oriented too. Baby can do over 100 in third and I do not go above 5600. Turbo really lights up the torque range. Baby's never been red lined, won't do it, don't need it. At 80 mph an Insights barely chugging at just 2750 rpm. Yes, a little over geared without the turbo or Mike's MIMA. Jack

1 - 4 of 4 Posts