Honda Insight Forum banner

Rattle on rear right

2846 Views 10 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  ericbecky
I am just getting used to my used 2001 CVT. Tell me if this is normal. When I go over a rough part of the road, either repaved area where it's been torn up or a pothole or a manhole cover, I get a rattle that seems to come from the right rear wheel area as I go over this. On a straight away road that's smooth I don't have it. Only going over bumps in the road. Is there something under there that gets loose? Or is this just normal with the suspension and the bumps.

Thanks, guys
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
157 Posts
I was filling up with gas the other day (I know - it doesn't happen often), and as I was tightening the gas cap, I noticed that the outside plastic part was loose and could rattle. Maybe this is your source of rattle?

· Registered
157 Posts
I was looking for my rattle again. I think it is my gas cap. As I said before, the black part of the cap that is over the white part can be jiggled. I didn't think this was the noise, but tonight I stuck my head in the passenger side while reaching back and jiggling the gas cap and sure enough - it sure sounds like it is coming from the hatch area. It must echo thoughout the gas fill pipe and all. Anyway, I jammed some foam over the top of the cap. We'll see tomorrow if this corrects it.

Does anyone else have a gas cap that is loose? Again, the white part is tight, but the black part that clicks as you turn it tight rattles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.