Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 2010 Insight EX w/ Nav a few weeks ago and have been loving it so far. I'm a little disappointed, though, that it appears as though the nav system is unable to display RDS data for FM radio stations.

From looking through the manual it looks like the non-navi radio is capable of displaying that information. It seems counter-intuitive that the more advanced model is unable to display that data.

I'm not missing anything, am I?

·
Registered
596 Posts
I got my 2010 Insight EX w/ Nav a few weeks ago and have been loving it so far. I'm a little disappointed, though, that it appears as though the nav system is unable to display RDS data for FM radio stations.

From looking through the manual it looks like the non-navi radio is capable of displaying that information. It seems counter-intuitive that the more advanced model is unable to display that data.

I'm not missing anything, am I?
Nope.

Even in the Honda website, it is noted that RDS is not available on EX w/Navi

One of many ways that Honda saved money so they could be cheaper than a Prius, I guess:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's frustrating. With as many things as it can do you'd think it would be simple to include that. Bummer.

·
Registered
264 Posts
To be honest, I thought I'd like the RDS on my EX Insight but after using it for a few days I finally turned it off. If the radio station doesn't add RDS data, the screen stays blank -not even the frequency shows. The screen also does not scroll the RDS data so you have to wait and stare at the screen for the full title or the name of the band (which takes about 30-45 secs to cycle through the whole thing in my experience). That's something I just can't do while driving!

So, in my opinion, it's no loss to EX+Navi drivers and no real gain for the other trim levels.

JP

·
Registered
625 Posts
I dunno, I think it's pretty helpful. All the stations I listen to put up the artist/song title, so now I never have to try to memorize a line of lyrics to google later. My radio tells me who it is :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it possible to modify the system to display that data? I've been trying to look around and see if anybody has tried modding the software running these kinds of systems but no luck so far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts