Honda Insight Forum banner

361 - 380 of 401 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Price confirmed in People's Republik of Maryland, as well as "discontinued". Only ones available are in Hagerstown which is 4 hour, 210 mile roundtrip. They can't order any more. Confirmed with two stores.

·
Registered
82 Posts
shipping

I assume you went in the store to purchase them so I never heard of charging for shipping unless you are having them shipped to your house. $56 is still a great price but at $42 I would have bought a lot more than 4.
The store charged me shipping from a warehouse in Tenn. to their store. I have new sets on cars and now 8 in storage. Would you like to call the store I purchased them from ? It's in my earlier post.I can fax you a copy of invoice if you need to see it .

·
Registered
551 Posts
Go to Costco they have them with 70$ rebate who ever told you they where discontinued BS
Firestone had discontinued them for-sure. That's why they are eliminating their inventory at a great price. That does not mean Bridgestone has discontinued them. It does not appear to be discontinued on Bridgestone's site.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Hit a brick (yes, a brick) on the highway yesterday at better than 80 mph, and blew out my right front tire. Luckily, no damage to the wheel. Was able to pull over and change to the never-on-the-ground spare (damn, that's yellow!) which only had like ten-twelve psi in it (because I never checked it in 13 years, so cautionary tale there). Drove half a mile to a gas station and filled the bicycle tire up to the desired 60psi and drove the ten miles home with no further issues.

My guys at Discount Tire had no problem ordering a couple of the original Bridgestone Potenzas while I had him on the phone, they did have to be ordered, but they'll be here Friday. I didn't ask him for the price, but I'll report this weekend after I get them put on. :D

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Be careful driving on that 13 year old rubber!
It's two miles tops to the tire place, through neighborhood streets (30mph speed limits), and in the meantime, I'm using some of our other cars instead of the Insight, which remains in the main garage. The bicycle tire looks new, no cracks, never before been on the ground... i think I'll be OK. :D

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
The tires came in two days later, had them put on this morning. Manufactured May 2014: Had my Discount Tire guy call the Bridgestone guy he knows, and Bridgestone guy said "they will probably never discontinue those tires. They have the molds and can make small runs of them all they want." They may not be in stock at all times, or immediately available, but for future reference, they can be ordered by your friendly neighborhood dealers.

About $250, installed and balanced and all, new valve stems, their normal free balance and rotation for the lifetime of the tire, tax, title, and license, out the door... :D

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Is that $250 installed for 2 RE-92 tires or all 4?
For two. I'm sure I could have gotten them cheaper somewhere else, but the other two were just fine, and I'm to the point in my life where I value expediency over money.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Amazingly enough Sears has been the least expensive installer for tires yet.
Always new stems.
My car feels great from 0-115mph. Never had a balance problem or leak. ;)
Tirerack seems to have no shortage of RE92s. Just bought 4 @ $75 ea for grins.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Tire Rack!

I just bought (today) 4 fresh RE92's from Tire Rack with the road hazard included for $75 each and $52 for shipping to SoCal. Best deal I've found so far.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Costco $70 deal on Bridgestone tires starts again on Oct. 30 (buy 4 and get $70 rebate). This is usually a really good deal for RE92s (if they are continuing to carry them) and if you are a member, mainly due to shipping charge savings. Pick up at a Costco is free (no shipping), and I think I've seen that there is no shipping charge if sent directly to you...not sure on that though. I've also seen that you don't need to purchase their installation service or pay that cost. See other posts in this thread for details...

B

·
Registered
250 Posts
Costco $70 deal on Bridgestone tires starts again on Oct. 30 (buy 4 and get $70 rebate). This is usually a really good deal for RE92s (if they are continuing to carry them) and if you are a member, mainly due to shipping charge savings. Pick up at a Costco is free (no shipping), and I think I've seen that there is no shipping charge if sent directly to you...not sure on that though. I've also seen that you don't need to purchase their installation service or pay that cost. See other posts in this thread for details...

B
Thanks Bluesight!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Dunlop also offers the new Enasave tires in our size......It is rated as a LRR (Low Rolling Resistance) tire with a 79S mileage rating.....;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
I ordered 24 . Very good deal. Noticed the thread back in August by 82/ABN-INF. I can 100% verify as I have reciepts and warranty booklets. I pray they make more

361 - 380 of 401 Posts