Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Monte Carlo Blue CVT
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry folks, had to re- reschedule.

At least eight of us -- me (Joule) [Evan], geocougar (George), acrazyjohnny (John), Jussgeorge, MentalNomad, SSSSSS, MichaelG and Terence are planning an appropriately socially-distanced and masked meet up on Saturday, October 24th, 2020, 1-5 p.m. at the Long Valley Pub and Brewery, 1 Fairmount Rd., Long Valley, NJ 07853. All are welcome. Very informal, casual get together to compare notes and b.s. about our rides. Post a response if you are interested in joining us.

Many of us are within 40 miles of one another between Flemington and Mt. Olive. In Central/N.W. N.J.

The parking lot is big and outdoor tables are plentiful. Not interested in making this a super spreader event a la Sturgis, so let's all mask up.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bit of a drive for you, but, like I said, all welcome once we work out details.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Interested.

Just came back on the forum as I'm preparing to try to rehab my pack and/or put up my Insight for sale.

Needs some TLC. My EV is my daily driver now, and I need to sell the Insight, but I want to sell it as a working car or sell it to someone who'll bring it back.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it is a manual, I might know of an interested purchaser. He rehabbed my pack, so he many not care if yours is working. I'll put you in touch if you'd like.

·
Registered
183 Posts
You know you're addicted to G1 Insights when ...

... you take a selfie with your Insight buddy, and only the cars come out in the pictures 😆

Hmm, what's a good picture title?
  • exploring the subtle color differences between Monte Carlo Blue and Navy Blue Pearl?
  • how to best display my Insight: hood and tailgate open, or only the hood open?
  • 1st NNJ mini-meet?
Thanks for setting this up Evan.

George

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought that was "Midnight Pearl Metallic"

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I stand corrected -- Navy Blue Pearl. Whatever it is called, a sharp (and rare) color

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So far we have me, George, John, Jussgeorge and MetalNomad for a North/Central Jersey meet up. Any other takers? Post here.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I may be able to link up with you guys. I'm in New York in between West Point and Poughkeepsie.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Wish I were still living in Plainfield.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So guys, I am considering the Long Valley Pub and Brewery for our meet up.

I am thinking a weekend day in Sept./Oct.

Pros for this location -- ample parking, lots of good outdoor dining options, nice setting/building -- pre- Revolutionary War stone dairy barn, gut renovated with a post and beam interior in 1995. 100 yards from Valley Shepherd Creamery-- sheep dairy with good yogurt and cheeses.

Open to suggestions on dates/times.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No intention to discriminate by geography. All are welcome. Proposed location is about 45 min. from Allentown, Pa., half an hour from the Delaware Water Gap and about an hour from the NYS line on I287.

·
Registered
2001 CVT
4 Posts
This sounds great. Long Valley Pub is 15 min from me and I'd be happy to meet some other Insight owners. I'm in a similar boat as MentalNomad in that I'm trying to decide whether to fix or sell. Might be helpful to chat with other owners.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Street address of the Brew Pub is 1 Fairmount Rd., Long Valley, N.J. 07853. Fairmount Rd. is also known as County Route (Morris Co. ) 517.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm located in south jersey 15 min outside philly.
JussGeorge
Good to hear from another G1 here in South Jersey. Seeing another GI has been increasingly few and far between.
I saw a grey G1 on Garden Road near state route 55 here in Cumberland county Vineland NJ a few days ago (did not post). Was that you...? A Doctor here had one, have see him sometimes. Had my 2001 G1 MT Grey/silver from Philly (eBay) since 2010.i
We could start a South Jersey G1 Owner Meet-up but we may be the only ones!
Reaching out to South Jersey G1s
tomg

1 - 20 of 47 Posts