Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

my first post here.
I have the daytime running light as a low-power drive of the high beam bulbs by default. I'm thinking about re-wiring it so that the DRL circuit activates the parking lights (which are small 5W5 bulbs by default), but without activating the rear lights, so that would differentiate it from regular parking lights mode.
I think it should be doable by cutting the circuit BEFORE the DRL wire goes into the PWM unit (that drives the high beam at low voltage), and connecting it into the harness that goes to the parking lights bulb. Does anyone have info on how/where to do this?
thanks.

·
Registered
210 Posts
It's unclear what you want to get.
Which of the following is your situation:
1. To enable DRL without parking lights. But how to be in the dark? How then to turn on the parking lights?
2. DRL switched on constantly with the ignition on.
3. A separate button to turn on the DRL.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already have a dedicated switch to DRL, on the dashboard panel. When it's on, the high beams are turned on at a lower voltage.
I have separate parking lights which I can turn on with the light/indicator arm left of the wheel, by turning it one click forward.
I want to make a change so that the DRL switch on the dashboard panel turns on the front parking lights instead of the high beam. Regular parking lights should continue to work as they used to, but that mode also turns on the rear lights.

·
Registered
210 Posts

There is an approximate scheme.
But it is necessary to be convinced that tension on a driving beam is equal to tension on parking lights.
It is obligatory to install the safety lock and the diode.

Though, it was possible to modify the DRL switch on two positions. To use two modes: driving beam and parking.
But it is difficult option.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the scheme.
But I don't completely understand it. What does it show? Currently the DRL switch and circuit are not connected to the parking lights by any means.
Should I cut it and re-route the wire through a fuse and a diode to the parking lights? Why is a diode needed there?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts