Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:

___A small item I picked up from a Bridgestone tire engineer at the Chicago Auto show that might help ease the minds of those that believe the RE92 will soon disappear …

___According to the engineer I spoke with, when an OEM goes to market with an automobile using a particular tire, the tire manufacturers sign a committal agreement that they will provide the exact tire for at least 3 years after the production of that particular automobile has ceased. He said the minimum he has heard about was 2-years but 3-years was the std. With that, hopefully we will see RE92 availability for at least another 3 and possibly even 4 years if the Insight’s production still holds into the 06 MY.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:1jam10e6][email protected][/email:1jam10e6]

·
Registered
340 Posts
Do we know if all RE92's are the same? I was talking to Rick Reece the other day and he mentioned how the ones that came with the Insight are lighter than the ones for the Civic. It may be because they are different size, but I am curious if there are any differences. My 2000 had the Sumitomo's on it when I bought it last month and they will probably last a long time but I've been toying with the idea of maybe changing them out anyway for hopefully, a mileage increase.
thanks,
robert

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Originalbadbob:

___The 165/65 R14’s for the Insight are specific. If you look them up, you will see our Insight specific size has a wear rating of 260 vs. 160 for all other sizes.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:1h9woxdw][email protected][/email:1h9woxdw]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts