Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished an eight-day, three-cycle battery reconditioning for the first time. It's described in detail in my recent illustrated thread about building Ol Rowdy's V2 grid charger. My butt dyno says the car is much improved.

In this thread, I'm curious to know what can be learned looking at the data collected from a series of grid charges and discharges. I logged volts, amps, and temperature throughout, although the intervals were not always regular. The spreadsheet also includes graphs and notes on oddities or screw-ups along the way...

(Note that the X-axis time scale is only roughly consistent between the graphs, and especially not for discharge 3b).

Thanks in advance to the cloud of experts, even if the answer is "you can't tell much."

- Park

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
Your data/charts are a little too course to tell much... A glance at some of the source data values suggests you probably got something out of it all. For example, your first charge peaked at 171.5V, the next at 172.6, next at 173.7. 171.5V is typically low, 173.7V is typically better... If you redid the charts with a smaller voltage interval, remove current, and make sure spacing on x-axis is consistent despite different measurement intervals, I might be able to say more. Or make the data copyable and I might remake the charts myself...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts