Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching all over South Florida for a new 2005 Insight, manual, with AC. I'm not having any luck whatsoever....is my only option to order one from the dealer and wait a couple of months for delivery? I'm ready to buy right now..What have your experiences been? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've been thinking about this approach.....find a dealer that is willing to order one and sell at invoice(since so floor cost..etc)...I'm sure they make something at invoice plus its another widget moved for the month...besides, how long could it take? 2 or 3 months?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Well Billy knows of a red 5 speed with AC in the far northwest. I doubt you'd really want to make that drive, but it's a possibility. I'd deffinitely try to order one if you could. Start at Invoice and see what you can do, and try a few different dealerships too, you might get one to order your car at a decent price.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You might try looking at http://www.autotrader.com or http://www.traderonline.com. I noticed 3 2005 Insights within 50 miles of Miami (at least one an automatic, though) and also some late model Insights in Orlando and Sarasota.

The dealerships were like Sherwood Honda, Coral Springs Auto Mall, Maroone Honda, I think. Happy hunting.

Brad

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To all who responded, thanks. Brad, I tried Autotrader and came up empty handed. I went to the dealer websites you mentioned and I only found one automatic at a dealership. The other two, although their web site said they had them, told me they had none in stock.

The self proclaimed "World's Largest Honda Dealer" , Rick Case in Weston Fl told my wife they had what she was looking for (manual/AC) when they called her on Friday. She set up a 9am appointment for a test drive on the next day. Saturday she shows up at 9am and they say to her, sorry we traded that one, how about a Civic? Can you imagine, the old bait and switch. Makes me wonder how this dealership grew to be the largest if thats the games they play.

We'll continue searching, perhaps its just not meant to be.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Might Sell

I'm in Kentucky and am looking to part with my insight. Its a 2000 Honda insight, 5 speed, AC. New Tires only hae about 1000 miles on them.

It does have a mark on it where a semi truck's whell touched it and made a circle in the paint/door etc, but I'm getting that fixed.

I really don't care if I sell her or not, but would be willing to as my company has bought me a car and provided me with fuel card.

JJ

·
Registered
222 Posts
pretzelboy said:
I've been thinking about this approach.....find a dealer that is willing to order one and sell at invoice(since so floor cost..etc)...I'm sure they make something at invoice plus its another widget moved for the month...besides, how long could it take? 2 or 3 months?
Invoice for an Insight? I'm sorry but I have to laugh. More likely, you will have to pay a non-refundable deposit, place your order for full sticker price, and then wait a couple months, if you are lucky. The dealers do not want to deal with them.

Tell me if I'm wrong, I'd love to be,

Paul

·
Registered
468 Posts
twonicaguy said:
hardin honda in anaheim, ca (92802) called me this sat. and they had just received a 2005 MT, however I had bought a used 2 weeks ago.
lynn hardin honda / autoweb 1381 Auto Center Drive anaheim (714) 533-6200
Interesting. I just purchased a used, no, make that "pre owned" 2000 5-speed from them 2 days ago. They treated me real well.
-Don

·
Registered
58 Posts
The problem is that you can't "order" a car with Honda.

The dealers get "allocations" every so often & are only allowed a select amount of cars& types per allocation. Heck, they can't even pick what colors they want.

Whatever they get in an allocation, they have to sell, otherwise they get fewer cars next time around. Thus the reluctance for a dealer to waste one of their precious allocation spots for a car they might not be able to get rid of.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered an Insight from a dealer in PA for invoice in February. It is scheduled to be built May 17 and delivered in early June, so I wouldn't go that route if you need a car quickly. If you can afford to wait and you find the right dealer, you can get a pretty reasonable price.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Just did a search on Auto Trader and found four 2005's within 200 miles of Miami. However, they don't list whether they are manual or have air.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Don't limit yourself to your local area. Buy from out of state if you have to and have it shipped to your door. There are plenty out there.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Have you found a relable and reasonable shipping company?

There are so many horror stories about shipping...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts