Honda Insight Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I would like to thank everyone at Insight central for your help in trouble-shooting my Insight

You see, usually when I turn to Insight central it is because I am not getting answers anywhere else, by this time I am angry, fusterated and so on and im sure that was evident in my posts.

What I am now realizing is that my main problem really is with my Honda Dealer and the Honda corporation. If they knew how to diagnosis my car properly and didnt do more damage then good then my experiences may have been better

I see alot of assumtions on this forum, FROM EVERYONE.... Someone have high millage and others have very low mpg. For someone achieving 42.3mpg Lifetime you have got to understand how impossible it is to fathom 80+mpg, and vise versa. Then arguments occur, the low mpg must abuse their car and the high mpg must be making it up. Which for me atleast is not true, I believe i take car of my car as best if not better then anyone. And now i would also like to appologize to those who i have argued against when claiming high MPG.

here is my opening statement to my manifestation

"Let me start by saying I believe Honda makes some of the most reliable, well built cars in the world. If I didn't believe this, I would never have purchased such an advanced car like my Honda Insight. There are Honda Insight owners who have achieved great mileage and experienced thousands of miles incident free, and then there are others who have had similar, if not worse experiences then mine. I do attribute many of my problems to incompetent Honda dealerships, but ultimately I attribute the majority of my problems and frustrations to Honda Canada. My Honda hybrid should never have been released to the public without adequate support by Honda on all levels."

I know that as the days go on their will be lots of discussion of my website (It is already starting on other hybrid sites) and I would like you to realize what my anger is geared toward and please don't make assumptions. I am speaking from my reality based on my experiences just as all of you do.

Once again thank you for all your help, and I want to become more of a help to this community and other people whos situation mirror my own.

Insight Trekkfullness, although i feel we have both made assumtions of each other, your position as a very good mod has not gone unnoticed

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Getshocked.ca said:
<snip>

Insight Trekkfullness, although i feel we have both made assumtions of each other, your position as a very good mod has not gone unnoticed
Can't think of any other words in this regard that I could better appreciate :!: :D THANKS :!: :D

But I still wish you'd posted this in its related thread here :p ;) :

http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... php?t=3749

Sincerely,

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Getshocked.ca:

___I wish I would have had a chance to teach you to drive your Insight properly before you placed a single mile on her. Using her as a snow plow, off-road racer, Autocrosser on public streets, and generally beating the living hell out of her is not the way to start a healthy relationship. Although your Insight has seen its best days before you got your hands on her, I wish her the best of luck with a somewhat less demanding owner hopefully in the very near future … Poor thing anyway :(

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well Xcel if your driving skills are as good as your reading/comprehending skills then Im glad you didn't

Im sure if you were put in a situation of being stranded in the middle of nowhere, in the winter, or making it home you would have done the same as me, May I also add that situation was almost 3 years ago. Off road racer? and Autocrosser on public streets? what orphis did you pull that from? You know what, I take back "Understanding" in regards to you, you probably do lie about your millage just as much as you make assumptions

If your still steeming mad XCEL about me calling you out on your LMPG awhile ago, get over it. Dr Phil is on at 4:00 EST, maybe give him a call

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Getshocked.ca:

___Calling me out on my lmpg? You are sad given the abuse you put that poor Insight through. I was stuck in a snowstorm and drove it anyway … What were you doing out in a snowstorm with your Insight in the first place? Do storms just sneak up on you in Canada unlike the rest of the world? What was it the last time you were crying about Honda here? Was it broken motor mounts? Oh yeah, that was Honda service and design too. You weren’t messing around when they broke were you? If so, did you really think you could jump your Insight like the General Lee in the Dukes of Hazzard? I hate to break it to you but that Charger is junk after just one jump. At least you limped yours home :D

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

LoL you have issues man

Actually, Collingwood, being on the lake has huge amounts of snow dumped without warning. When I travel up for a day of snowboarding in the morning, and return later that night, it is sometimes impossible to guess what the weather is going to do

You are a sad case Gredes, Just cant let go can you? Where is that video of your 90mile 120mpg trip?? Untill you produce that, your word is as good as the dirt on my shoe

If you READ Anything I have posted, What I am saying about the insight is that My experience has been a puzzle, and I have finally gotten closer to the reality of the situation from the good people of this forum.

And please Gredes, Elighten us with your infinite wisdom how a these snow drifts 3 years ago has to do with faulty 02 sensors, repeadedly failing cats, hondas inability to diagnose problems without a light and the list goes on

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Getshocked.ca said:
<snip>

Once again thank you for all your help, and I want to become more of a help to this community and other people whos situation mirror my own.

<snip>
::SIGH:: Well the other part I quoted in my eariler reply was nice while it lasted. Unfortunately all that remains of this thread are personal attacks.

Locking

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.