Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got my first used long awaited Insight. It is a 2000 5 speed just approaching 30,000 miles. It came with extended warranty to 100,000 miles until 5/7/08. I took it to my Honda dealer for 30,000 servicing. I asked them to check the alignment because the rear left wheel had a fairly large ding in the rim. The tires did not look bad. I am not sure if they are original. The dealership just got a new alignment machine but had never done an alignment on an Insight. They did not know (neither did I) that you can not align the rear. They found that the left rear toe was out of spec. They are trying to figure out a cost to replace a spindle and rear beam axle. Do you have any thoughts? Terry

·
Registered
700 Posts
If it's under warranty, let them replace the parts. Can't beat new parts, as long as they do it right. Do you have the alignment readings? Hopefully they gave you a copy...

Kevin: What, no roads on Diego? ;) Clue us in on BIOT. Man, that is the center of nowhere, and this is from a guy who spent a couple of years on Guam...

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Go to a shop that specializes in alignments.
Also consider shops that work on race cars, their mechanics are much much smarter and better then typical shops.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The rear axle seems to be one continuous beam. I usually try to avoid Okemos. I have been in the area for the last 5 years and usually drive to Grand Rapids for service. Between my 2 college age sons and my wife we have 4 hondas. I have been very happy to drive 50 minutes for good service and sales.

·
Registered
42 Posts
bug_girl said:
I've been thinking of going to ann arbor for service, since they have been working on insights since 2000.
Where in Ann Arbor? Mine needs a little TLC and checking over. I'm in Royal Oak.

-jc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts