Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an interesting situation where the molding on the rear driver door will not stay down. I have taken the car to two different dealers, both say they fix it, and within an hour or so the molding pops up again. They said there is supposed to be a clip to keep it down. The rear passenger side is perfect. Has anyone experienced this?

·
Super Moderator
7,195 Posts
If there's "supposed to be" a clip, is it there and if not, why didn't they replace the Clip ?
Yeah that;)

Anyway, you can easily check for yourself. It is all just a push pin kind of fit so you can just use your fingers to lift the entire strip off. The attachment pins are blue iirc. I think there are 4, so you are probably missing the rear end one. You can reposition one of the middle ones to hold the trim strip down until you can order the proper clip.

If you are paying a garage to do this kind of work, you better start reading fast so you can do your own wrench work. Garages can quickly charge you more than the car is worth.

·
Super Moderator
4,803 Posts
This is a G3, and under warranty. Don't do anything yourself or they'll blame it on you and refuse to work on it. Make the dealer fix it, and open a case with the Zone Manager if they can't.

Sam

·
Super Moderator
7,195 Posts
Ops, there I go again assuming everything is G1:(

Do like Rainsux says.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts