Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Insight Coupe 2000 in silver. Owned since 2009
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to be abIe to open the rear hatch when I unlock the car using the remote control.
I can only open with my key in the rear hatch lock whilst pressing the knob in the hatch by the lock.
I'd like a solution but live in the UK (so needs to be available here?)
Any ideas please?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,577 Posts
Contact the honorable Peter Perkins for a solution.
He is the Brits gru on Insights.
Probably a broken latch............... search here at ICN.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. The hounorable PP suggest I ask on ICN for a solution. He mentioned a 3D printed part?

·
Super Moderator
8,146 Posts
Welcome to InsightCentral. The site has a huge archive of past posts and threads which address most technical issues. The archive is searchable. Moderators do encourage people to try the search function first.

Yes, there is a tiny 3D printed cam in the hatch unlock motor which frequently causes the problem. One fellow here in the states prints the part and charges a modest price. You can learn a lot about the problem by typing "Repairing the hatch latch" in the search line at the top of every page. I just did that and I see that the very first thread displayed is very helpful..

I don't remember the name of the fellow who sells the 3D printed part. If you don't find him by searching, you can probably order the cam from member klr3cyl of Covina, CA, the foremost Insight expert in the U.S. The "conversation" channel is available to communicate directly with other members. You can find that by clicking your avatar at top right and then clicking "conversations."

I don't think that the part is currently being printed in the U.K.

Good luck and keep us informed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks and much appreciated Mr. Super Moderator. I haven't used the site for almost 5 yrs and it's changed a little.
I'll try and find out what to do here.

·
Registered
2000 5spd AC silver.
25 Posts
Check out this thread. You likely have a broken latch clutch and Jesse is still making and selling these.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts